• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Website

Started by valpomarketingguy, July 01, 2011, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpomarketingguy

I know some of you didn't care for the way we publicized the launch of the new website.  However, now that it is up and running, I'd like to encourage you to explore it and offer any feedback you may have.  There has been a lot of time and energy invested in this project by several members of the department staff and we hope it improves the online experiences of our fans, student-athletes, coaches, and potential recruits.  Please post any questions or comments you may have and I'll be sure to consider and/or act on your feedback.

www.valpoathletics.com

sectionee

Other then the intro it looks the same?  I must be doing something wrong, help!

valpomarketingguy

You should clear your cache in the browser you are using.

vu72

The videos that coincide with announcements (hiring Roger Powell and Will Bogan) make a huge difference.  Now, instead of just verbage, we get Coach Drew's thoughts or player/coaches reactions.  Excellent!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo04

Quote from: valpomarketingguy on July 01, 2011, 11:32:32 AM
I know some of you didn't care for the way we publicized the launch of the new website.  However, now that it is up and running, I'd like to encourage you to explore it and offer any feedback you may have.  There has been a lot of time and energy invested in this project by several members of the department staff and we hope it improves the online experiences of our fans, student-athletes, coaches, and potential recruits.  Please post any questions or comments you may have and I'll be sure to consider and/or act on your feedback.

www.valpoathletics.com

Interesting that the "Fan Zone" menu item doesn't link to here  :P

sectionee

Videos are nice, I also like the give to valpo link (not sure if that was there before or not). 
Other then that it looks pretty much the same (which is fine by me), again I might be doing something wrong?

valpotx

I like the look and feel of the website, definitely gives off a more professional vibe than websites of the past.  It may be a small thing, but it just gives those that view it a better opinion of the university.  Those schools that don't have solid websites tend to indicate lesser quality for some reason.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bg321

Professional. Clean. Easy nav. Great info. Social links. Scores. All-around very well done. Reflects the high standards of the school and athletics program.
Life Is Good

valpomarketingguy

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!  Also, welcome to the Valpo family and the message board Mr. Bogan!

wh

Quote from: bg321 on July 01, 2011, 03:00:11 PM
Professional. Clean. Easy nav. Great info. Social links. Scores. All-around very well done. Reflects the high standards of the school and athletics program.

Agreed.  Congratulations on a nice redesign!

vu72

Just spent a couple of more minutes on the site and want to make one suggestion:  Update the facilities info and pictures. For example, the picture of Brown Field still has the old insignia at the 50 and it talks about "future instalation of game day lights".  Also, no mention of seating capacity at the new softball facility and no picture of the seating at Em Bauer Field. There is no reference to the "Homer Drew Court" on the ARC description and it talks about "last year"--what year was that??  Sorry if this sounds picky, but all these things reflect on the programs and the University.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Crusader03

I like the video addition...may I recommend a more professional intro, though?  Instead of just a standard white font on a black background, it would be somewhat easy to create a 3-5 second intro with motion that highlights the logo.  Don't take away from the slickness of having video by allowing the videos to look unprofessional.

I say that kindly and I am pumped about having video on the site...also, the look and feel of the site is nice, but I am with sectionee---not noticing much different besides the videos. 

Overall, it is an upgrade and can become extremely nice with a couple of changes.

valpopal

I like the addition of the videos, and I look forward to more of them. I checked the site on various browsers I use regularly: it looks fine on Firefox, Safari, and Camino, but the site seems to have some problems with its appearance on Chrome. I don't use Explorer.

sectionee

The new website finally is showing up on my computer.  Looks nice.  I like the video and the enlarged schedule of athletic events.  Well done.

okinawatyphoon

I like the new website a lot. It has a nice organization and I love that YouTube videos play right on the homepage. I would like to see a different banner besides the Victory Bell once in a while though.
My only question so far: will there be a mobile site or an app created for athletics? Butler's mobile website is a decent example of what I'm talking about.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

valpomarketingguy

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on July 04, 2011, 08:25:54 PM
I like the new website a lot. It has a nice organization and I love that YouTube videos play right on the homepage. I would like to see a different banner besides the Victory Bell once in a while though.
My only question so far: will there be a mobile site or an app created for athletics? Butler's mobile website is a decent example of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the feedback.  There is a mobile version coming.  It is still being developed and we don't have an expected release date yet.  Also, the photo at the top of the page will change every once in a while.

valpospartan

I have been waiting for "printable" schedules (most schools websites have had them for some time) and the new site has them.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that schedules print on two pages, instead of one, like the rest of the world's do.  Oh well, some day.

valpo04

Any idea when the RSS feeds will be restored?  When you click on "RSS" now it just takes you to a page that says "There are no RSS feeds available."

valpo04

Quote from: valpo04 on July 21, 2011, 08:09:31 AM
Any idea when the RSS feeds will be restored?  When you click on "RSS" now it just takes you to a page that says "There are no RSS feeds available."

They have reappeared!   :thumbsup:

jack

I still haven't found a new girls basketball schedule posted anywhere. A little help would be appriciated.
Thanks.

rlh

Quote from: jack on July 21, 2011, 02:30:26 PM
I still haven't found a new girls basketball schedule posted anywhere. A little help would be appriciated.
Thanks.
It's not up yet.....

bg321

Love the new site. Great work!

Behaves strangely for me using Chrome 12.0.742.122
Life Is Good