• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WBB - Crusaders vs Butler

Started by jack, January 14, 2012, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Not sure where to begin with the keys to this one. I think if we can just get more shots to drop, we can stay in this one. Can't play D much better then we have been. We need to make every trip to the charity stripe count too. Improvement in these 2 areas, and we're in this one.
Go lady Crusaders! Let's wrap up a home stand with a W!

jack

Great win for the ladies today. We had a lot more success on the offensive side of the ball, but, the defense, as they have all season, came to play. That was an awesome defensive effort for the Lady Crusaders tonight. Congrats!! you earned it.

vuweathernerd

not gonna lie, my first reaction was "holy s**t we won??" definitely welcome news, with all the hits this team has taken over the course of the season. i still don't expect them to contend for the conference, but every win is a good sign towards building for the future. anybody know how many players we dressed for this game?

valporun

Quote from: vuweathernerd on January 14, 2012, 04:43:44 PM
not gonna lie, my first reaction was "holy s**t we won??" definitely welcome news, with all the hits this team has taken over the course of the season. i still don't expect them to contend for the conference, but every win is a good sign towards building for the future. anybody know how many players we dressed for this game?

We still only dressed 7 ladies for this game. Jansone still isn't being utilized to give a player or two a long enough breather, and you could see that in Laura Richards face when she went to the free throw line late in the game. I know Paul Oren said that the Big Ten might have stolen her, if we hadn't stepped in first, but honestly, unless the coaches just don't want to mess up the chemistry of the six ladies seeing consistent time, why did they bother with her for this season? If this was going to be the result, that she wasn't going to see playing time, why not just redshirt her, or leave her at the end of the bench like previous underutilized scholarship players and walk-ons?

Crusader03

valpotx

Good victory, good heart shown by the ladies
"Don't mess with Texas"