• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League Tournament Details

Started by agibson, February 22, 2012, 10:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusaderjoe

Quote from: agibson on February 23, 2012, 11:59:40 AM
Quote from: crusaderjoe on February 22, 2012, 06:52:52 PMDo you know by chance whether the ticket office is taking pre-orders for the semis only or whether they are taking pre-orders for both the semis and the championship in the event that VU wins on Saturday?  I was just curious about this.

As Jim said, pre-orders are open for the finals as well.  Indeed, for all three rounds that can or might be played at Valpo.  I added info on prices to the bottom of the first note in this thread.

You can fax in your order as well.  # of tickets at what price point, name, address, email, credit card info.  Or I can get you a form if you want to fax in the "official" document.

At least yesterday, if you're getting no answer, it's probably because the one person in the office is currently on the phone.  But, there was definitely space between phone calls.  So, if you keep trying, you may be able to get through on repeated phone attempts.

Thanks for offering this information and help with the fax order form.  I didn't get a chance to call today because of some unexpected un po' di affari but I am assuming there is still plenty of availability.  I may as well just wait until they go on sale online. 

By the way, I think I received a call back last night around 8:30 EST from the ticket office (I missed the call).  I would say they're working hard and putting in the effort, that is for sure.  That's the good thing about the VU ticket office I find--someone always calls you back if you leave a message.

agibson

Apparently tickets for the tournament are now available online
http://valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/news/2011-12/11465/ticket-info-for-2012-horizon-league-mens-basketball-championship/

Has anyone heard anything about their pre-orders?

Online they list "lower bleachers" A, B, C, D, and K.  I'm not sure which is section K.

The only "lower bleacher" with two seats together, at the moment, is K (D 1 and 2, for example).  The rest is singles.

Then it's "MezBlch" BB, CC, and DD.

So, hopefully my pre-order got me better than K-D!

letsgovu

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2012, 05:01:45 PMHas anyone heard anything about their pre-orders?

received an email today about mine but I am confused.

It lists times to pick up tickets, listing season ticket holders first by several days.

Does this mean I'm not going to get my seat assignments until I pick up?  As I am not local I don't want to drive over an hour each way to pick up tickets on Weds after faxing in my form hours after it showed up online.

Hopefully this is not the case.

agibson

They were writing the date and time on forms as they were submitted.  I trust they filled the advance orders before putting up the tickets online - so I trust that your seats are already assigned.  Maybe it's just going to take them a long time to package them all?  Seems strange.  I'm definitely surprised by the "season ticket holders pick them up days early" bit.

I trust they'd hold them for you at "Will Call", if you prefer? 

I've not gotten an email yet, myself...

agibson

Tickets do seem to be moving.  If you want a pair together, it's now upstairs.  Row FF (fifth row?).

sectionee

We got our tickets in hand, but we stopped by the ticket office today and paid for them.

letsgovu

this is the body of the email I received

Fans,

The Valpo Ticket office will have extended hours  this week to allow all ticket purchasers enough time to come pick up their tickets for the Horizon League Tournament. If you have ordered Friday Second Round tickets and/or Saturday Semi Final tickets the pick up schedule is as follows:

Season Ticket Holders may pick up their tickets beginning today Monday, February 27th

All other ticket purchasers may pick up their tickets beginning Wednesday, February 29th at 10:30 am

The Valpo Ticket office hours this week are as follows:

Monday 10-5

Tuesday 10-8

Wednesday 10-8

Thursday 10-8

Friday 10-game time

Please note that the doors will open one hour prior to tip off on game day and tickets are good for both games that day. There is also a NO RE ENTRY policy, if you leave the building you may not re enter unless another ticket is purchased. Also, please note that unfortunately, due to parking restrictions ARC and GOLD lot passes will not be valid for the Tournament. Parking will be free in lots 14, 15, and 43 and can be found on a campus map.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you this weekend at the ARC!

sectionee

Sounds to me that your tickets have been assigned and will be available for you to pick up anytime after said date.

agibson

Thanks for posting the email.  I do see it now... in my spam folder (and my spam filter's usually pretty good!  but I see it did catch a few of Hank's blog post announcements too).

Not sure about the wait until Wednesday bit.  If I were you, I'd probably plan on Will Call.

Hank, did you stick with Section EE? ;)  Or, forced to pay for the tickets, are you moving downstairs?

I was up in EE for the Butler game, and the view was fine.  Being low down (I was in FF) was key.  I think I'll have to be more aggressive in the future, willing to crowd in a bit, even if I stick to the east side of the mezzanine.

sectionee

There isn't a bad seat in the ARC.  I was at the top of EE for the Butler game and could see just fine.  Only problem up there was you can't hear the PA. 

We are in DD, row EE (coincidentally) for Saturday.

valpotx

I am assuming I can still pick up my tickets on Saturday?  It doesn't mention the hours the office is open, but it would have to be on a game day, correct?
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Good news! I have been informed that VU will give out 200 free tickets to students for any Crusaders tournament game. This should help attendance by students.

valporun

Quote from: valpopal on February 28, 2012, 04:12:04 PM
Good news! I have been informed that VU will give out 200 free tickets to students for any Crusaders tournament game. This should help attendance by students.

I saw this on Facebook. I think it was Student Senate, or one of the other campus organizations, that purchased the tickets.

talksalot

The seeds are holding in the first round.    Butler, Youngstown and Detroit with travel plans to the Vale of Paradise... and Milwaukee is helping UIC warm up the busses with a 14 point lead early in the second half....  I'm looking forward to Friday's games... both should be physical affairs.

agibson

Mind you, that 14 point Milwaukee lead is down from a _28 point_ lead earlier.  But, still, I don't think UIC's going to find a way back into this one.

cmack

Quote from: sectionee on February 27, 2012, 10:22:33 PMThere isn't a bad seat in the ARC.  I was at the top of EE for the Butler game and could see just fine.  Only problem up there was you can't hear the PA.  We are in DD, row EE (coincidentally) for Saturday.

Don't worry, we can't hear the PA either in my section and I sit about 4 feet behind the announcer

vuweathernerd

Quote from: cmack on February 28, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
Quote from: sectionee on February 27, 2012, 10:22:33 PMThere isn't a bad seat in the ARC.  I was at the top of EE for the Butler game and could see just fine.  Only problem up there was you can't hear the PA.  We are in DD, row EE (coincidentally) for Saturday.

Don't worry, we can't hear the PA either in my section and I sit about 4 feet behind the announcer

we couldn't hear it in the student section typically, either.

Valpo10

Quote from: valpopal on February 28, 2012, 04:12:04 PM

Price isn't the biggest factor facing students.  Its going through all the logistical stuff (paper work, finding places to stay, things to do) that is going to turn off students.  It helps, but really it was just 10 dollars.  The only students that will go through all the logistical stuff would have been willing to pay the $10 anyways.  It will be disappointing on Tuesday night and we win and there is only a handful of students there to celebrate.

bbtds

Do you think that stops Butler students, Dukies, Zagers, Aggies of USU, Huskers, Sluggies, old guys wearing speedos in powder blue jackets?

NO!!

Excuses, excuses!!!

mj

QuotePrice isn't the biggest factor facing students.  Its going through all the logistical stuff (paper work, finding places to stay, things to do) that is going to turn off students.  It helps, but really it was just 10 dollars.  The only students that will go through all the logistical stuff would have been willing to pay the $10 anyways.  It will be disappointing on Tuesday night and we win and there is only a handful of students there to celebrate.

Agree. I remember trying to stay on campus for a few days during spring break (to work studio for the Mid-Con tournament) and dealing with housing was a pain. Plus the campus was a complete ghost town.
I believe that we will win.

valporun

I had a good situation for housing during spring breaks when I was still in town because of the Mid-Con tourney or band tours with having friends in fraternities that I could get some room space. A lot easier there if they know you well enough. The housing can be worked out in various ways that don't require the housing office, especially if you know someone local from a class that might have a spare room/bed/couch for a night, if you don't live close enough, or need a place if the weather might be bad somewhere along your drive home afterwards.

swiftmutiny

Apparently the line was huge for picking up the free tickets today, so it looks like there may be a decent student turnout considering the housing situations.

bbtds

Quote from: swiftmutiny on February 29, 2012, 11:34:00 AM
Apparently the line was huge for picking up the free tickets today, so it looks like there may be a decent student turnout considering the housing situations.

Or slow ticket people. But let's hope not.

Now don't you guys feel ashamed??? Spirit is never confined by superficial things.

They are just excuses.

Money, now that's a bird of a different feather.

swiftmutiny

The ticket people weren't slow as far as I'm aware. A friend of mine said there were 4-5 guys there giving out the tickets so that it didn't take all of chapel break.

valporun

From what I read, the tickets were being distributed at the Union, so there was enough space to handle the crowd of people trying to get a free ticket.