• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Bradley Game Thread, Wed., Jan. 29th, 6:00p, ESPN+

Started by wh, January 28, 2020, 08:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

usc4valpo

Being realistic, Valpo needs to prove they can knock off a quality opponent on the road. I want to see this happen rather than hearing about overoptimistic hopes. It is time to win.

justducky

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 29, 2020, 06:42:39 AMIt is time to win.

With everybody back in uniform and rounding into playing condition we should soon know if we are actually a bonafide contender. Its time to start heating up so we can steam into the Valley tournament. Peoria just the first of ten stops on our way to St Louis. We need to iron out our remaining wrinkles.

GoldenCrusader87

Tough to even put forth that much energy and optimism when we're halfway through conference season and it still feels like pre-conference play.

Apart from the new MC, the game day environment is awful. What happened to the student survey and MLB talking about game day changes? Here's a thought - bring in a dj like a lot of schools do. Do something. The music they play in warmups is awful! They try to be eclectic but it's just bad. Anyone happy with the fan turnout thus far and the student turnout thus far has much lowered expectations.

We had a way better environment and following when in a worse conference. But people will say oh it's because of streaming. Well ya if you don't offer a game day environment that's worth getting off the couch in the dorm for then why would they walk across campus together go? For a slice of pizza? Give me a break.

GoldenCrusader87

And let's call it like it is. The MVC overall is down this year in talent. Other than UNi it seems wide open.

No excuses. We don't have a new coaching staff and really haven't faced much adversity. The whole one team one boat slogan sums it up. This is what we wanted. We didn't want those "selfish" players. Guess what? They're gone. And cannot continually blame it on young players. Other than Clay, who's a major contributing player that's young? Nick and Eron were around the program for an entire year and are upperclassmen. Mileek is an upperclassman. Kiser is a senior. Javon is a sophomore but the general on the court and rightfully so. Sackey played all last year. We're not that young and I experienced of a team. Just saying.

Just Sayin

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on January 29, 2020, 07:17:46 AMAnd let's call it like it is. The MVC overall is down this year in talent. Other than UNi it seems wide open. No excuses. We don't have a new coaching staff and really haven't faced much adversity. The whole one team one boat slogan sums it up. This is what we wanted. We didn't want those "selfish" players. Guess what? They're gone. And cannot continually blame it on young players. Other than Clay, who's a major contributing player that's young? Nick and Eron were around the program for an entire year and are upperclassmen. Mileek is an upperclassman. Kiser is a senior. Javon is a sophomore but the general on the court and rightfully so. Sackey played all last year. We're not that young and I experienced of a team. Just saying.

MVC was ranked 15th last year. This year, thus far, 11th. It's better this year than last year.

usc4valpo

UNI is really good. Valpo can be and should be at the same level, but my feeling is they are satisfied for where they are, just being a MVC member and going for the ride.

NativeCheesehead

For this team, coach, and program it's Al Davis time: Just win, baby.

EddieCabot

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 29, 2020, 06:42:39 AM
Being realistic, Valpo needs to prove they can knock off a quality opponent on the road. I want to see this happen rather than hearing about overoptimistic hopes. It is time to win.

This would be a big win.  Valpo looking for its first back-to-back wins in over 2 months.

bbtds

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on January 29, 2020, 07:17:46 AMWe're not that young and I experienced of a team.

I experienced was last year for sure, Inexperienced is not good excuse for this year. I would say jelled together as a team and that should be happening. I really hope against all my gut feeling that Ryan stays on the court and not the end of the bench in a warm up.

GoldenCrusader87

Haha it was a typo on my behalf but actually end up unintentionally interesting how you read that.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpower

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on January 29, 2020, 03:20:18 PM
Haha it was a typo on my behalf but actually end up unintentionally interesting how you read that.
A good typo must never go to waste.  :thumbsup:

bbtds

Just don't understand how we can shoot so poorly, except Ryan.

Somebody forgot to refrigerate the jell--not jelling as a team yet. Why is John giving up a shot to Krikke?

NativeCheesehead

JFL is clearly not himself. Really hope a wet floor didn't cost us our season.

valpolaw

Only Fazekas and a maybe couple others should be allowed to shoot 3s. Everyone else needs to stop

NativeCheesehead

Horrible sequence by Mileek. It's time for Benny K to see some run with the first group.

Valpower

What's a Valpo game without a double-digit deficit?  Amiright?

oklahomamick

Everyone just calm down.

Waite until the last 6 minutes or so and we will chip into this lead and make it a close game. 
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Gotta turn the momentum somehow. Work on getting Fazekas open.

That offense is just not getting Ryan open.

BTW, it's under 6 minutes.

wh

Ryan and Javon 5-6. Rest of the team 0-12. Terrible ball movement. Jacking 3's, as always.

bbtds

Knowing our luck tonight we'll miss the front of this one & one.

Sorry

bbtds

bbtds

Did you notice the age of the mop guy (kid)? I think it's more a matter of training.