• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Illinois State at Valpo Game Thread, Sat., Feb.1st, 7:00p CT, ESPN3

Started by wh, January 31, 2020, 12:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

This is a must win if we want any hope of avoiding Thursday. With two very tough games against Loyola and UNI plus a tilt with a white hot SIU team we really need this one. We cannot lose to teams at the bottom of the standings.

oklahomamick

We will win.  But the big question is, do we play 1st half or 2nd half?  You know the halfs will be polar opposite of each other, I just don't know which one we will play. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VALPO LI

Five hours till tip off and still a good amount of seats available.  Roughly 1,500 seats in the bleachers and 200 Chairbacks! 
Prime time Saturday Night game! Weather is good 34 degrees at tip off! 
Grab your coats and head to the Arc!!!! :dance:
Shine on Vu

PlumStreetBum

At least we're keeping the ball out of our own hoop. If this team can ever deliver consistently average shooting defense, we'll win a lot of close games that we'd otherwise lose because these shooting droughts won't put us in such deep holes.

PlumStreetBum

Oof, gonna be another ump show tonight.

I wonder if we can donate specifically to hire a better caliber of officials...

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VALPO LI

I am thoroughly entertained by this evening's game so far!  These kids are battling!
Shine on Vu

hailcrusaders

Lotta whistles thus far...

I was hoping for a slightly better crowd for a Saturday night.. at least the students are standing?

I realize these are cliche things to complain on the internet about.
#CrusadersForever

crusader05

It seems to have settled now but for awhile I was worried someone was gonna get hurt

valpotx

Todd with the jinx, giving us a 7 pt lead before JFL takes his FT.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Bad foul by Ryan Bad bad foul. I hope those two free throws at the end of the half don't somehow come back to bite us.

wh

ILS deserved all 15 of their fouls in the 1st half, and probably several more. Reminds me of Cleveland State back in the day. Body up, knees and elbows extended, hold, elbow.

VUGrad1314

Great pass Daniel Great cut Javon. Illinois State getting hot. Not good.

VUGrad1314

I miss having a team that could rebound... We haven't had that since Vashil...

VUGrad1314

Don't let up! Blow this one open! Leave no doubt! Come on Valpo!

valpotx

It's rebounding by committee on this team.  We don't have any Vashil, Alec, or Rowdy-type rebounders, that always know where the ball will go.  Case in point, Rowdy has 4 rebounds in 5 minutes for the Mavs at this point in the Mavs/Hawks game.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Say what you want about X's and O's but Matt can recruit. There's no doubt about that.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 01, 2020, 08:53:51 PM
Where'd this jump shot come from Daniel? I love it!

This is not a knock against your comment, but Sackey is not cutting it overall.  I'd like to see Zion get minutes at the PG more.