• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Hey Valpo fans. Good luck tomorrow.

Started by Leonidas, March 20, 2013, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonidas

How many of you are making the trek up to Michigan for the game?

Always liked your program, hated to see us matched up first round of the tournament.

I know this is second round by NCAA standards, play in games are dead to me and don't count.

wh

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the well wishes!  I'm hoping for a major upset (of course), but if not I will be pulling for your Spartans to make a deep tourney run.  Good luck!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Leonidas on March 20, 2013, 10:28:39 PMI know this is second round by NCAA standards, play in games are dead to me and don't count.

amen :)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

MattCarter

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 21, 2013, 07:49:48 AM
Quote from: Leonidas on March 20, 2013, 10:28:39 PMI know this is second round by NCAA standards, play in games are dead to me and don't count.
amen :)
I refuse to accept play in games as round 1.  Someone keeps editing the Detroit Titans wikipedia page to reflect last year as a ROUND 1 loss rather than round 2.  That implies you won a game
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

vu84v2

Thanks for the note.  Again, we are obviously pulling for the upset - but know that is a tough order against a classy well-prepared program like Michigan State.

Leonidas

Sorry you guys ended up on the short end of this game, glad we moved on.  It is about survival in this shindig.

You shot horribly today, until late in the 2nd half.  You needed to hit those shots all game long.  You didn't have an answer for us inside, and that hurt.

Met many of your fans and alums today at the game, you are good people, and represent your school well.  I hope all of you who made the trek up here had a good time today.  Many I talked to are sticking around for the weekend. which is great. 

I was impressed with the Valpo turnout.  You guys showed up to support your team.  Met a couple of your players after the game as they were greeting their families.  Good guys.

It's not about the one game, its about the experience of being here.  I spent 11 hours at the Palace today, had a great time.

I had to laugh though during the game.  Izzo is an animated coach, had no clue Drew was the same way.  From the stands it was like watching Izzo and Izzo Jr. coaching a game.

a3uge

Quote from: Leonidas on March 21, 2013, 11:46:03 PM
I had to laugh though during the game.  Izzo is an animated coach, had no clue Drew was the same way.

UNITE: Bryce Drew Buzzer Beater 15th Anniversary

Go to 1:19

HC

Hopefully Izzo Jr will have similar success at his current program that Izzo is having at MSU!