• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Valpo commercial -- must see!

Started by okinawatyphoon, November 15, 2013, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okinawatyphoon

Take a look at this new Valpo commercial: Valparaiso University - Where Passion Meets Purpose

Follow four students as they serve their communities. Also, at the end there is a new slogan: "Valparaiso University: Where passion meets purpose." I continue to be impressed by Valpo's marketing department.....this is an amazing video.

Thoughts?
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

LaPorteAveApostle

it's wonderful. it's beautiful, and it's big:  consciously epic.  haven't seen another college do something like that.

as a music snob, even the music's good.

in a word, it's juBrilliant.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

okinawatyphoon

There's a shorter, 30-second spot, here: Valparaiso University - Where Passion Meets Purpose

It has more talking and isn't as powerful as the longer one, but it's still pretty great.

valpotx

I think that the Marketing group has really picked it up in the last few years with the creative aspects.  We even have more commercials for HLN games!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

okinawatyphoon

LaporteAve, do you know the name of the music?

LaPorteAveApostle

No...it "sounds like something" but I don't think it "is something" (well, it's clearly SOMETHING, not in the George Harrison sense; but not easily identified).

I wouldn't be surprised if they had someone (VU student?  prof?) write and record something for that occasion.  That's nice, plus you don't have to pay anyone to use it. 
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

classof2014

I remember watching the History Channel when I saw this commercial. I was shocked when I saw it cause I wasn't expecting it. Bravo to the marketing team.

Love all the billboards as well. I know of one on US 30 in Merrillville and one off of 94 as well. I remember when the only "marketing" was just your plain green sign saying "Valparaiso University next exit"

Glad to see them stepping up their game.