• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Evansville--11/20/2013 Wednesday--8:00 p.m. CST--Game Thread

Started by bbtds, November 16, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

I thought I'd get this one started also.

From what I have seen you can watch this game for $6.95 by starting an account on AcesTV.

http://www.gopurpleaces.com/showcase/

I'm hoping some "private entrepreneurs" will feel "quasi-obliged" to provide a free feed somewhere on the internet. (wink, wink)

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Hard one to predict after last game, but it is my hope that our guys come out with a fire:

Valpo 78
Evansville 72
"Don't mess with Texas"

classof2014

I think Valpo will win this one. Wonder if Alec will be at the game, he went home for obvious reasons.

Hopefully they won't fall behind big this game, Evansville is the most winnable game and they could have easily beaten Ohio and Illinois. They should be able to hold off the Purple Aces.

covufan

I like are chances, but we need to limit our turnovers and keep them off the offensive boards.

Valpo   73
Evans   71

talksalot

Valpo 77 UE 64

Maybe we can check out their new arena... and get some ideas.

classof2014

I think Valpo wins this one pretty easily. They rally around Peters, and come out with energy and take control of the game.

Valpo 76
Evansville 59

chef

Alec Peters is back at home today, but he'll be in Evansville on Wednesday. Bryce explains the situation in depth on this week's edition of Valpo basketball preview, which should be up later today.

Smj

We need to win this one....   (my friend is a EU alum so I will not hear the end if they beat us.)

talksalot

UE is up 8 on Mercer with 7:26 to play in Evansville.  Figure this must be part of the "Ohio U" tournament.  They also have Murray State on the road in a few weeks.

EddieCabot

Quote from: talksalot on November 18, 2013, 08:46:48 PM
UE is up 8 on Mercer with 7:26 to play in Evansville.  Figure this must be part of the "Ohio U" tournament.  They also have Murray State on the road in a few weeks.

UE beats Mercer by 13 ... didn't see this one coming.  Mercer had beaten Seton Hall and lost to Texas by 3, so they aren't too bad.

I thought they would struggle this year, but Balentine is playing well and Blake Simmons (coach's kid) is playing well as a freshman.  Still, Valpo has superior talent and should win on Wednesday.

LaPorteAveApostle

i have to go to bed, but i couldn't before beating bbtds into saying "we'll win because we'll spin DJ around--Balentine's Day won't be for months" or something like that.

(Between eight Eastern Europeans and six guys named Jaylon, we're going to Mocke these guys viciusly, aren't we?)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 18, 2013, 09:39:17 PM
i have to go to bed, but i couldn't before beating bbtds into saying "we'll win because we'll spin DJ around--Balentine's Day won't be for months" or something like that.

(Between eight Eastern Europeans and six guys named Jaylon, we're going to Mocke these guys viciusly, aren't we?)

Like the guy says at the end of some TV show................"Go to bed."

vu72

Alec responding as you would expect:

This is a time of prayer and togetherness for the town that we love. Stay positive and rally behind the good things we still have.

Last second decision: I'll be in Washington tomorrow

Glad I got to come home for a day and help my friends out. Back to Valpo in the morning

You already know I'll be playing my heart out for my city this week

Valpo proud of Alec.  A great kid with his values and emotions in the right places.  God bless Washington, IL and others damaged by this storm.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

sliman

Another step in our learning process:  Evansville 76, Valpo 66

valpopal

78crusader

We will win our share of games, but Evansville will not be one of them:

Valpo 65
Evansville 73

Paul

bbtds

I have a feeling that this will be just as close a finish as the Ohio game with the Crusaders pulling it out this time.

Valpo      76
Evansville 71

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on November 16, 2013, 11:30:31 AM
I thought I'd get this one started also.

From what I have seen you can watch this game for $6.95 by starting an account on AcesTV.

http://www.gopurpleaces.com/showcase/

I'm hoping some "private entrepreneurs" will feel "quasi-obliged" to provide a free feed somewhere on the internet. (wink, wink)
http://www.day.to/watch/live/streaming/online/free/en-vivo/1/93204/november-20-2013/ncaa-mens-college-basketball-valparaiso-vs-evansville.html

Try the link for free streaming. I don't know if it will work.

truth219

I say we come out smoking and roll the aces valpo 70 Evansville 55

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LaPorteAveApostle

a3uge

Subscription Prices
Single-Day (Pay-Per-View):  $6.95
Week Subscription (7-day pass): $9.95
Monthly Subscription:  $14.95
2013-14 Men's Basketball Season Pass (16 home games): $34.95
2013-14 School Year Subscription (access to over 100 UE athletic contests):  $69.95

Do we really want to join the MVC?

$7 for a single game is kind of a joke.

classof2014

Quote from: a3uge on November 20, 2013, 09:55:36 AM
Subscription Prices
Single-Day (Pay-Per-View):  $6.95
Week Subscription (7-day pass): $9.95
Monthly Subscription:  $14.95
2013-14 Men's Basketball Season Pass (16 home games): $34.95
2013-14 School Year Subscription (access to over 100 UE athletic contests):  $69.95

Do we really want to join the MVC?

$7 for a single game is kind of a joke.

That's probably one of my favorite aspects of being in the HL. Everything is free! I mean I would pay the 70 bucks if we were in the MVC but I'd rather it be free. That said I plan on paying the 7 bucks tonight if it's not posted on one of the free sites. Hopefully it'll be a well spent 7 dollars tonight!

valpotx

I'd pay the yearly money if it meant I'd get to see the occasional baseball game on our home field. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Smj

I think there are more that would not pay than there are who would pay.    I think it is a scam because some of the feeds are horrible. ..