• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Best place to view game

Started by bg321, July 18, 2011, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bg321

Wondering what the opinions are on where in the ARC is the best vantage point to view games. Need some help with selecting season seats. Thanks!
Life Is Good

sectionee

I prefer Mezz EE, but I maybe a bit bias.  Hard to beat halfway up in the chairbacks at center court.  Call over to Brad Swanson (   (219) 464-6114), he is on this board somewhere, and I'm sure he can help you out.

valpopal

Quote from: bg321 on July 18, 2011, 09:35:55 AM
Wondering what the opinions are on where in the ARC is the best vantage point to view games. Need some help with selecting season seats. Thanks!

Since I believe you are a Crusader dad, players' families usually prefer to sit behind the Valpo bench.

DMvalpo18

i personally like the view that you get from the chairbacks side of the court. the views are usually all pretty good though, fortunately.

wh

We sit in Section D, directly behind the visitor's bench about 8 rows up.  It gives you a great view and perspective of how the opposing coach "coaches," handles his players, deals with the refs, etc.  We also have opposing fans and players' families sitting directly below us.  Interesting to hear their comments (good and bad) about the ARC, the officiating, our players and coaches, etc.  I'm not sure D would be the best place for a Valpo player's parent though, unless you have pretty thick skin.  ;)

StlVUFan

I can tell you one thing.  Floor level is not the place to be for "seeing" the game.

I absolutely love the new tickets website that allows you to pick your seat.  For several years you had to take what the system picked for you, and they always picked floor level (non-chairback).  My Dad liked it because he didn't have to climb much, but it's no fun yelling at the VU bench, "You guys make better walls than windows!"

lowposter

For about 10 years we had chairbacks, last row at center court.  Then we got bumped when Bryce came in.  They gave us nice seats about 7 rows up behind the score bench, slightly toward the VU bench.  Great seats.

Most parents sit together right behind the VU bench.  Perhaps they are provided tix.  Good luck.  Hope to meet you this winter.

lowposter

wh

Quote from: wh on July 18, 2011, 11:45:51 AM
We sit in Section D, directly behind the visitor's bench about 8 rows up.  It gives you a great view and perspective of how the opposing coach "coaches," handles his players, deals with the refs, etc.  We also have opposing fans and players' families sitting directly below us.  Interesting to hear their comments (good and bad) about the ARC, the officiating, our players and coaches, etc.  I'm not sure D would be the best place for a Valpo player's parent though, unless you have pretty thick skin.  ;)

By the way, most obnoxious visiting team fans last year - Ball State fans hands down.  Obnoxious, sat where they wanted, had to be moved by ushers over and over, etc.  Acted like they had never heard of reserved seating.  Best visiting fans - Butler - bought up what seemed like a third of the seats, all were in Butler blue and created amazing game atmosphere.         

StlVUFan

Quote from: wh on July 18, 2011, 05:12:40 PM
Quote from: wh on July 18, 2011, 11:45:51 AM

By the way, most obnoxious visiting team fans last year - Ball State fans hands down.  Obnoxious, sat where they wanted, had to be moved by ushers over and over, etc.  Acted like they had never heard of reserved seating.  Best visiting fans - Butler - bought up what seemed like a third of the seats, all were in Butler blue and created amazing game atmosphere.         

Strangely enough, if there has been one single thing that has compelled me to put history completely to rest with respect to Butler vs. Valpo prior to our entrance to the HL, it has been this observation right here.  I may be crazy, but I take it as a huge sign of respect when a huge block of visiting fans show up and bring their school pride with them (and are not obnoxious about it).  It says we are a quality opponent, worthy of a 2-3 hour road trip.

cornonthe

Personally, I like to sit anywhere in the chairback section...but I have a bad back. I prefer as close to center as possible and halfway up or higher...last row is actually really good as another poster stated...