• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

11/14/11: Holy Cross (Ind.) Game Thread

Started by valpo04, November 12, 2011, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

The Holy Cross College Saints come to the ARC at 1-2 with losses to Bethel College (68-67) and Andrews University (68-43).  In their last game, they beat Great Lakes Christian College 83-77 in OT.

http://www.hcsaints.com/schedule/0/7.php

swiftmutiny

I agree with the easy victory conclusion.

Valparaiso: 92
Holy Cross: 50

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

bbtds

Holy Cross (IN) 68
Valpo               82

milanmiracle

Valpo 187
Local YMCA 12

Kidding of course, but this won't be close.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

agibson

They have a poll running over on the rather sophisticated Gameday setup at valpoathletics.com.  Somebody must be stuffing the ballot box - Holy Cross keeps hovering around 20-25%.

valpo04

valpo04

sectionee

Massacre at the ARC.  I stayed until half time before heading home with my 5 year old.  I have to teach in the morning and he has school, so this worked out perfectly.  Anyways, here is my half game wrap up, http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/11/game-wrap-up-half-game.html

See you Friday

valpo04

Van Wijk with 18 and Edwards with 25 off the bench.

vu72

For what its worth I don't like the new setup at the Valpo website.  First, I couldn't find a way to watch it full screen.  Had to watch the small box with the chat going on.  I had to go to Horizon site to watch the game as I prefer.  Next, the Horizon feed goes off and I want to go back to the Valpo site to pick up the radio feed for the post game.  No link.  I may be computer challenged but this just didn't hit my fancy.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo04

Quote from: vu72 on November 14, 2011, 09:02:34 PM
For what its worth I don't like the new setup at the Valpo website.  First, I couldn't find a way to watch it full screen.  Had to watch the small box with the chat going on.  I had to go to Horizon site to watch the game as I prefer.  Next, the Horizon feed goes off and I want to go back to the Valpo site to pick up the radio feed for the post game.  No link.  I may be computer challenged but this just didn't hit my fancy.

I couldn't find a way to stop the annoying chat update sound, so I went to the UStream site (where I could watch it in full screen too.)

historyman

According to Valpo Fred in the Gameday chatroom on the Valpo athletics website he would like your feedback on the changes to the gameday page. Make sure you send him this negative criticism too.

swiftmutiny

A button to hide the chat if you're only interested in watching the game would probably be good.

valpotx

Woo hoo, guessed our point total correctly, but wouldn't thought of guessing 38...  I also don't like how I couldn't put it to full screen.  I always watch the games on my TV, and it just looked too small with this setup.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpospartan

NEWS FLASH:
Eric Buggs knocks down a three! :thumbsup: :clap: :dance: :cheers: :thewave:

valporun

It was nice not having to open so many windows to see the game, but I agree that the video of the game was small. They could have made the ad about the Coaches vs. Cancer t-shirt donations be a lot smaller to make the video bigger. The chat function is too big, and if fans don't want to be in it, you don't have to roll over the arrow to open it. Warning of this change to the website, unless it was mentioned on the site earlier, would have been nice to have had mentioned here. I don't always check the site to see if they are changing the website for the sake of the game, and we're just lucky that basketball was the only thing going on today. If any other teams had been playing at the same time, having the site practically shutdown for the game wasn't completely rewarding, and made it seem that our university only values men's basketball most when they are at the ARC.

agibson

Quote from: valpo04 on November 14, 2011, 09:10:58 PM
I couldn't find a way to stop the annoying chat update sound, so I went to the UStream site (where I could watch it in full screen too.)

Yeah, that's how I got full screen.  I was able to click on the video, the one embedded in the screen with the chat, to get to it.

agibson

Quote from: valporun on November 14, 2011, 10:59:18 PM
It was nice not having to open so many windows to see the game, but I agree that the video of the game was small.

I'd definitely rather have it "mostly video" rather than "mostly chat and (basketball) ads".  I was thinking of video across the top 2/3 of the screen, with the chat as the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 or so.