• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs JMU

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 27, 2022, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

Down 20-19, under 12 timeout . Barrett just made a 3...we've got a little edge so far.  Stream sucks, no score showing up

VUSWIM08-12

Man you all are more bandwagon than I thought , tied 31-31 under 4 TO

vok22

Haven't paid to watch the last 2 games but keeping track of the live stats. Don't know how they look but two straight games being essentially tied at half against teams I thought would blow us out is better than I was expecting.

mj

It sounds like we're playing much better today and some guys are stepping up. Now let's see if we can make the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half...
I believe that we will win.

VUSWIM08-12

Up 43-42 at the under 16 of second half , playing well !!

VALPO LI

vu72 are you at the game?  Any insight on how Valpo looks on the court? If there you are our eyes and ears to this game ;D
Shine on Vu

valporun

Either a lot of people are traveling home from the holiday weekend, or are at church at this part of the day. If they haven't given up on caring about this team, there are valid reasons why some people aren't hooked to the message board right now.

VUSWIM08-12

Well folks, we've given ourselves a chance! Down 2 with 7:24 to go

mj

Tied at 69 with 2 minutes left. Nice.

VUSWIM08-12

Tied at 72 With 1:12 to go!! Can we win ????

VUSWIM08-12

Holy shaaaaat , overtime..,

VUSWIM08-12

mj

Hell of a win. We showed a lot of grit today. Feels nice to get a W.

valpotx

Interesting game that I would have been interested to watch on replay, since it appears that the largest lead was just 6 throughout the entire game.  I am again curious how we end up with 13 FTs to their 42 FT attempts.  Are we just a jump shot team nowadays?  It isn't like we were playing catch-up and fouling at the end, to lead to such a disparity.
"Don't mess with Texas"

humbleopinion

Jerome plays well to finish the game. Contribution from lots of guys.  A fun game to listen to.
Beamin' Beacons

AB

Good win, lets see if we can follow this up in Nashville next week.

VALPO LI

Definitely a good win!  Out of the 3 games this holiday weekend to win I would have never picked to win this one.  Valpo beat a good team I hope the momentum carries on to Nashville!!!!
Shine on Vu

vu84v2

When was the last time Valpo won with four guys fouling out? Did not see the game, but sounds like a great effort. Nice to be thinking about a win over a seemingly quality opponent.

may know

vu72

Quote from: VALPO LI on November 27, 2022, 12:17:14 PM
vu72 are you at the game?  Any insight on how Valpo looks on the court? If there you are our eyes and ears to this game ;D

I wish I had been!  A very good quality win.  Can you bleive all the fouls?  Must have been some sort of a record.  I like the adjustments we are making.  After losing to SDSU, who then lost big the JMU, we pull out a win.  Will make the 10 hour bus ride to Nashville a little more palitable.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

tjjvalpo

I didn't see the game, but followed along on the live stats. The foul difference seems ridiculous. What comes to mind is that it never appears that Matt works the refs, while the other teams coach always does. In my eyes it has been a reoccurring theme throughout his tenure.

valpotx

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 27, 2022, 01:56:08 PM
When was the last time Valpo won with four guys fouling out? Did not see the game, but sounds like a great effort. Nice to be thinking about a win over a seemingly quality opponent.

When was the last time we had 4 guys foul out? :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

Old Timer

Great win. Had to watch by way of play by play feed. I was waiting for us to shoot ourselves in the foot. But it did not happen. Watching prior games this year our on the ball defense is suspect and team help rotations are slow. With JMU apparent athleticism and our inability to attack the basket I am not surprised with the foul discrepancy in both games. At some time I would like to see Jerome's inside power move as opposed to the three ball.

tjjvalpo

According to KenPom Ranking, JMU was 79. According to Net Ranking, JMU was 211. So, it was a win, but great win, not so sure.

JD24

Quote from: tjjvalpo on November 27, 2022, 02:32:30 PMI didn't see the game, but followed along on the live stats. The foul difference seems ridiculous. What comes to mind is that it never appears that Matt works the refs, while the other teams coach always does. In my eyes it has been a reoccurring theme throughout his tenure.
Valpo's not an aggressive offensive team. Pass it around the perimeter. That's not drawing fouls. If passing it around the perimeter doesn't work there is a designated 1 on 3 driver looking for the ref to bail them out which doesn't happen all that often. It's been the offense for Lottich's tenure.

At least the team got some contributions from some other guys including PGs.