• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. ole miss

Started by truth219, December 10, 2022, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

Anyone watching?

David81

Multitasking while watching Live Score.

Ole Miss leads 53-30 at halftime
2:13 turnover ratio, 21:0 points off TOs

Probably time to stop multitasking. It's ugly and sad.

JD24

May want to tighten up the defense just a tad. Think of it this way. Valpo can score exactly the same in the 2nd half that they did in the first half and, if they hold Ole Miss to 6 in the 2nd half, the Beacons will emerge victorious.

Lets get it done!!!

David81

Quote from: JD24 on December 10, 2022, 02:57:39 PMMay want to tighten up the defense just a tad. Think of it this way. Valpo can score exactly the same in the 2nd half that they did in the first half and, if they hold Ole Miss to 6 in the 2nd half, the Beacons will emerge victorious. Lets get it done!!!

LOL... :lol: ...I want to say "shields up," but I'd be mixing sports.

AB

I am at the game. Safe to say I'm the only Valpo fan in attendance.
1st half Observations. Without question we have the talent to be with in a 7-8 points.  Ole miss has done a good job of speeding us up and playing their tempo. ill point to 5 or 6 careless turnovers, lackadaisical. Ole Miss has gotten probably half their points off translation, our players not getting back on transition D.
Smart game plan to double Krikke and force him to pass.
Ole Miss is looking to dribble drive and score one one one. Obviously we can't contain their guards.

Old Timer

Found out I had The SEC Chanel on Comcast. Not much fun watching turnovers, layups, and dunks. Will go watch for the mail delivery. Will be more exciting.

truth219

Do you think ole miss is a tournament team

AB

I think Ole Miss finishes in the bottom 6 of the SEC. I'd be surprised if they make the tournament just because of the strength of the conference

truth219

If this team was ranked I would understand. Time to pull the trigger. We look 100% unprepared.

mj

If "The Shot" against Ol Miss marked Valpo's arrival in college basketball, then this game marks the end.

It was a nice run but this program is at rock bottom.

I believe that we will win.

valpolaw

valporun

Watching this game..we have ZERO leaders. Teyvon was brought in to help that out, right? I don't see that helping. Ruedinger looks like the sophomore slump is getting to him. Barrett and Palesse are getting Zero productive minutes, and finally, we just have a bunch of guys that look in over their heads at this level. DeAveiro is also struggling with that sophomore slump problem. We just don't have the team this year. The coaches can only do so much with talent that look like deer in headlights from top to bottom.

JD24

Beacons outdo expectations in second half and score one more point than they did in the first half.

Well done!!!

On a more serious note, I can't agree with the thought that the talent on this team would be competitive with even a lower level SEC team. Valpo's got two players and a bunch of other guys some who do not or I have no idea what they are supposed to be contributing on the court. There's just nothing there. What does Ruedinger bring to the team? Defense I suppose...maybe. However he could be the single greatest defensive player in the history of the game and it would be worthless with the offense he provides

Pgmado

Quote from: valporun on December 10, 2022, 03:40:14 PM
Watching this game..we have ZERO leaders. Teyvon was brought in to help that out, right? I don't see that helping. Ruedinger looks like the sophomore slump is getting to him. Barrett and Palesse are getting Zero productive minutes, and finally, we just have a bunch of guys that look in over their heads at this level. DeAveiro is also struggling with that sophomore slump problem. We just don't have the team this year. The coaches can only do so much with talent that look like deer in headlights from top to bottom.

Palesse has torn ligaments in his thumb. Of course he's not getting productive minutes.

valpopal

Thankfully, Barrett's basket in the closing seconds gave Valpo 22 field goals for the game, just enough to outpace their 21 turnovers. Points off turnovers: 36-0, almost exactly the difference in the final score. Near the end of the first half, one of the announcers even mentioned that the Valpo team seemed "unprepared."

tjjvalpo

Lottich has successfully set our program back 35 years!

Valpo17

palesse would be a non factor

valpotx

Quote from: mj on December 10, 2022, 03:28:18 PM
If "The Shot" against Ol Miss marked Valpo's arrival in college basketball, then this game marks the end.

It was a nice run but this program is at rock bottom.

I would say getting blown out by Chicago State was more of the game to indicate such a thing...
"Don't mess with Texas"

AB

the line was only -15. Vegas is not always right, but not a crazy line. We do have enough talent to make it a respectable game. I mean if we were down 40 to a lower tier power 5 then that means we'd loose by 80 to top team?!. Most of this teams issues are not talent. We mostly score one on one, not from within the offense. In person our consistent lack of connectedness on offense caused at least a half dozen turnovers. A few times I saw a couple of our players look at each other after the turnover like they never played together, they looked confused.  Kobe made a few spectacular plays on D and then made some head scratching unforced turnovers on offense. Lazy, lack of focus. We got punched in the mouth and we had no fight left with 7 minutes left in the first half, we acted like we were gonna loose. Coaching staff walked off the court at half looking completely dejected.

Ole Miss plan to double Krikke was obvious but when he passed out of it, never to a cutter to the basket? We had no response.  So if other teams are smart looking at film, they are gonna double Krikke every time. Will he and or the coaching staff learn from this?

Bright spots. Nick Edwards is a pest on both sides, can create to basket, score from anywhere, distribute. Had a beautiful dime to Krikke. He play's really hard, fun to watch. Keep playing him 30 minutes. Connar's Shot looks fantastic, he needs plays designed to get him more shots. Keep playing Ibra. He looked like one of the most athletic dudes on the court today, but don't let him dribble drive and create yet! Play him 25 minutes a game.

truth219

This team will never realize their full potential under this regime and unfortunately neither will any of us.

crusader05

This team plays like they're at a fun scrimmage at the gym and seemed surprised the other team came there to compete

AB

For what it's worth, Ole Miss lost to UCF at home last night. They started the game down 22-0. It took them 8 minutes to score. Makes our loss to Ole Miss look more amazing by the day!