• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

I Need a Get…..

Started by tiny707, May 08, 2023, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

Let's get a committ...

tiny707

Yeah! Trust The Rev and have patience..

historyman

Quote from: crusader05 on May 09, 2023, 03:31:34 PM
https://twitter.com/TVBOren/status/1656031936094035972

Got your wish

Third Edwards to transfer within the Missouri Valley in the past 4 years? Correct?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

vu72

I found this on Edwards in the Indy Star from May 9, 2022. Interesting comments from him about transferring as he de-committed from Murray before re-committing.

"Jaxon Edwards is not looking into a crystal ball. But when he projects his future at Murray State in the increasingly unstable world of college basketball, the Cathedral High School senior is not looking at it as a one-year signing.

"I would say a lot of people now go to school and see how they play the first year," Edwards said. "In my eyes, I don't see myself transferring my second or third year. I look at it like how I worked my way up the pole from (junior varsity at Cathedral). If I didn't start playing much right away, I think I'd probably still just keep working and earn it."
The 6-6 Edwards, an Indiana All-Star, opened his recruitment from Murray State after Cathedral won the Class 4A state championship due to former coach Matt McMahon taking the job at LSU. Edwards said at the time he was still planning to consider the Racers and made his commitment Monday to new Murray State coach Steve Prohm after visiting the school again over the weekend.

Edwards also visited Ball State, Butler and Drake during his second go-round in the recruiting process.

"I'd say I'm glad I opened it up again," Edwards said. "God led back to commit to Murray State again and I was able to open up to other schools and see what was out there."

Prohm, 47, led Murray State to a 104-29 record from 2011-15 before leading Iowa State for seven seasons. Edwards said the recruiting process was "more difficult" the second time around because he was trying to build relationships in a short period of time while most coaches were also trying to sift through the transfer portal to fill their rosters.

"When I decommitted the first time I had a good relationship with the coaches," Edwards said. "When I talked to (Prohm) and the other coaches, it reassured me and gave me confidence. It has been good and successful program in the past and coach Prohm has had a lot of success putting players in the league. I really like the coaching staff that he's put together."

Edwards, who averaged 10.9 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.3 steals per game as a senior, was a JV player until his junior season when he averaged 10.7 points and 5.6 rebounds. But he improved dramatically from his junior to senior season as an outside shooting threat, going from 4-for-27 (14.8%) to 31-for-76 (40.8%).

If Edwards can stay on that trajectory of improvement, his length and quickness at the guard spot projects well to the next level. Murray State is transitioning from the Ohio Valley Conference to the Missouri Valley Conference starting on July 1.

"I think (Murray State) can see the potential and ceiling that I have as a player," he said. "There are a lot of possibilities I can achieve. They also want me to use my abilities to be a leader on and off the court."
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

tiny707

Ready for another get....