• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Alec Peters - Senior edition

Started by wh, August 23, 2016, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

That was a good take. Alec was so comfortabble in that setting. Mature beyond his years.

VUOR63

I enjoy watching the Warriors play quite a bit and watching their loss to the Cavs on Friday, I thought Alec Peters would be a great fit on the Warriors.  Fundamentally sound, great passer and catcher and can knock down an open shot.

Valpo89

Quote from: VUOR63 on June 12, 2017, 10:32:31 AM
I enjoy watching the Warriors play quite a bit and watching their loss to the Cavs on Friday, I thought Alec Peters would be a great fit on the Warriors.  Fundamentally sound, great passer and catcher and can knock down an open shot.
Sure, but would he really get any playing time on that team?

VU2014

I think Alec's skill set would be a great fit in most teams offensive schemes these days. The NBA game is pace & space and being able to stretch the floor. He can hit 3's and is a very underrated rebounders.

He'd be a great fit in Chicago too in Fred Hoiberg's "offense" (the Bulls front office hasn't give him any players that fit his offense in the time he's been there. Butler is great, other then that they have an overpard & washed up Dwayne Wade, & about 4 PG's that are terrible shooters). Nikola Mirotic isn't going to be resigned and the Bulls could try Alec in the same stretch 4 role, but Alec actually would be willing to attempt to play Defense and grab boards which Niko struggle to achieve in his time with Bulls.

I feel like for Alec it will be more important about finding a team that is a good fit rather then being drafted the highest pick possible.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on June 12, 2017, 11:17:30 AM

I think Alec's skill set would be a great fit in most teams offensive schemes these days. The NBA game is pace & space and being able to stretch the floor. He can hit 3's and is a very underrated rebounders.

He'd be a great fit in Chicago too in Fred Hoiberg's "offense" (the Bulls front office hasn't give him any players that fit his offense in the time he's been there. Butler is great, other then that they have an overpard & washed up Dwayne Wade, & about 4 PG's that are terrible shooters). Nikola Mirotic isn't going to be resigned and the Bulls could try Alec in the same stretch 4 role, but Alec actually would be willing to attempt to play Defense and grab boards which Niko struggle to achieve in his time with Bulls.

I feel like for Alec it will be more important about finding a team that is a good fit rather then being drafted the highest pick possible.

I agree. I think going to a team with a strong culture and a chance to win matters most to him. His decision to stay at Valpo last offseason shows that.

valpo64

Do you mean a team like Boston and Brad S.?  It seems like they would fill the bill on that.

VU2014

Quote from: valpo64 on June 12, 2017, 11:48:07 AM
Do you mean a team like Boston and Brad S.?  It seems like they would fill the bill on that.

Boston is a team with a lot depth right now, so maybe he wouldn't get the opportunity there right away.

I think wherever he lands he will be hard pressed for minutes on any roster. Probably a 2nd pick & he will be coming off the injury. Should want to find a roster where the offensive system and opportunity is available to him.

Unfortunately it's a little out of his hands on where he gets drafted. 76ers feel like a solid fit, jazz, bulls, to name a few. It would be interesting to hear where his agents want him to land.

It's going to come down to fit/opportunity for Alec unless he gets picked in the 1st rnd with his guaranteed contract, which in that case he would have more job security b/c the team would be more invested in him bc they used a 1st end pick on him. 2nd rnd contracts aren't guaranteed and teams generally are quicker to release 2nd rnd picks or stash them in the D-League.

VU2014

bbtds

If Peters gets picked in the first round do you think it's too early to be hitting up Alec for a big donation for ARC improvements? Maybe between Bryce and Alec we could come up with all the money needed.  :)

VULB#62

Have been thinking that for a while myself  ::)

VUOR63

Maybe Lavar Ball will offer Alec a huge sponsorship deal.  And then pay for sponsorship rights on the newly renovated ARC: Big Baller Arena.

crusadermoe

Think of the potential gifts from Gordon Hayward to Butler after he racks up $200m in salaries earned.  They took him as a late bloomer and he is from Indy. Huge gift ahead?

I doubt Bryce would give Valpo anything near a million. 

VU2014

It's going to take Ten's of million's of dollar's to renovate the ARC. Sounds like thats not even the priority right now. A stand alone student rec center sounds like the focus and then potentially a renovate ARC if we could find lead donors for each of the projects.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on June 12, 2017, 12:41:34 PM

Boston is a team with a lot depth right now, so maybe he wouldn't get the opportunity there right away.

I think wherever he lands he will be hard pressed for minutes on any roster. Probably a 2nd pick & he will be coming off the injury. Should want to find a roster where the offensive system and opportunity is available to him.

Unfortunately it's a little out of his hands on where he gets drafted. 76ers feel like a solid fit, jazz, bulls, to name a few. It would be interesting to hear where his agents want him to land.

It's going to come down to fit/opportunity for Alec unless he gets picked in the 1st rnd with his guaranteed contract, which in that case he would have more job security b/c the team would be more invested in him bc they used a 1st end pick on him. 2nd rnd contracts aren't guaranteed and teams generally are quicker to release 2nd rnd picks or stash them in the D-League.

Boston is also a team that seems poised to undergo a great deal of roster overhaul in the coming years as they begin to make the trades and signings necessary to compete for titles with Cleveland and Golden State. Much of their current depth may be on the way out in consolidation trades for a star or stars. Peters could absolutely find a role in Boston from day one because if there's one thing the Celtics lack, it's rebounding. Additionally, a polished senior with a skillet that makes him a perfect NBA roleplayer with the potential to be more would be very attractive to teams aspiring to contend. The Jazz do seem like a decent fit and the Bulls with their desperate need for shooting would be a great fit. Not a fan of the fit in Philadelphia, too many players at his position for him to get meaningful minutes. I remember hearing some speculation that the Pacers might be interested. 

VULB#62

vu72

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 13, 2017, 01:57:12 PM

Boston is also a team that seems poised to undergo a great deal of roster overhaul in the coming years as they begin to make the trades and signings necessary to compete for titles with Cleveland and Golden State. Much of their current depth may be on the way out in consolidation trades for a star or stars. Peters could absolutely find a role in Boston from day one because if there's one thing the Celtics lack, it's rebounding. Additionally, a polished senior with a skillet that makes him a perfect NBA roleplayer with the potential to be more would be very attractive to teams aspiring to contend. The Jazz do seem like a decent fit and the Bulls with their desperate need for shooting would be a great fit. Not a fan of the fit in Philadelphia, too many players at his position for him to get meaningful minutes. I remember hearing some speculation that the Pacers might be interested. 

Yeah! and with a polished skillet he could also make breakfast for the team!!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on June 14, 2017, 09:42:34 AM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 13, 2017, 01:57:12 PM

Yeah! and with a polished skillet he could also make breakfast for the team!!   ;)

I dont think this is happening. Stevens is going after Gordon Haywood big time. It is all over the Boston media.

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on June 14, 2017, 07:51:55 PMI dont think this is happening. Stevens is going after Gordon Haywood big time. It is all over the Boston media.
Been hearing the same thing in Indy. Hayward, the free agent, really wants to play for Stevens again and we'll see if his agent can come to an agreement with the Celtics ownership. A big difference from when Stevens was recruiting Hayward out of Brownsburg High School to Butler. A few million $ difference. Gordon made $15.41 million with the Jazz this past year.