• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers

Started by valpo4life, March 24, 2017, 11:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

may know

The better the competition, the better the Burton. Fingers crossed.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: vu72 on May 14, 2018, 03:25:50 PMThat would be awesome!!!  There was a picture of Joe working out with some other dudes and he was sporting a Valpo shirt and the workout guy identified him as a Valpo guy.  Who knows. In the meantime, should Valpo be pursuing this guy?  From nearby Holt, MI, a PF with great size and is transferring from Columbia so should be able to hack it academically. And, an ESPN 4 star!! https://247sports.com/player/jaron-faulds-88009

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jaron-faulds
My first thought was why didn't this guy attract higher profile offers? His numbers seem a bit disappointing against Ivy League competition but maybe it's because he's young.  Bigs take longer to develop. The FG% is promising but that FT% is ghastly.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4279471/jaron-faulds

VUGrad1314

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 14, 2018, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: vu72 on May 14, 2018, 05:46:53 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 14, 2018, 05:07:45 PM
Quote from: M on May 14, 2018, 02:42:54 PMMaybe getting too excited here, but what does Joe Burton's last tweet mean??!!?  Maybe nothing, but maybe something....
Hypothetically say he is eligible again...he only has 1-year of eligibility left correct? 5-years from the first year with very very few exceptions?
That is correct and where else could he go?  Unless he would play at a D2 or NAIA (Really??)  he would have to sit again at another D1.  I think you are correct on the number of years rule.  His Twitter page still proudly shows him in a Valpo uniform. If we can get Joe back then all bets are off.  We would have a title contender to be sure.  Come on Joe!  Get those credits done that you need!!  You can do it!!!!
If Joe qualified for another D1 doesn't he have to sit out the first semester and is eligible 2nd semester? I'd think he'd be eligible full year if he came back to Valpo.  If so that's a bigger reason to be optimistic, no?  Not sure JB wants to sit out any longer with his eligibility dwindling...

Agreed. I'd have to think that he needs to get into games ASAP if he wants any shot at a pro career--overseas or otherwise.

vufan75

Back to Brock Stull grad transfer recruiting. Per twitter this morning...

"So #UWM grad transfer Brock Stull is on the Minnesota campus this morning.  The Rob Jeter hire by the #Gophers could already be paying dividends #Panthers"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IndyValpo

Quote from: vufan75 on May 15, 2018, 11:10:29 AM
Back to Brock Stull grad transfer recruiting. Per twitter this morning...

"So #UWM grad transfer Brock Stull is on the Minnesota campus this morning.  The Rob Jeter hire by the #Gophers could already be paying dividends #Panthers"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Minnesota was a dumpster fire last year with injuries and suspensions. Pitino will not last another year like this one; he needs to load up for this year.  They also added one of the many who transferred from Pitt though I think we will have to sit out.

VU2014

A few Minnesota people on twitter seem to think it's down to us and them. It sounds like we may find out very soon where Stull might land. He's at Minnesota right now. The Minnesota fans and media are trying to lobby him over social media right now.

College recruiting is hilarious. Stull was obviously their back up option and now it sounds like he's the primary again once a kid just committed to Baylor yesterday. I wonder if that will come to play. Nobody likes hearing they were the backup plan.

VU2014

Recruiting news coming? Is Hartfield committing or a possible Burton return? I'm going with Hartfield is committing.

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/996564584570990593

VUGrad1314

Post Stull, I propose we attempt to  find long term pieces (2+ years). 19-20 was always  the target year anyway.

1. PF (Nze Faulds or grad transfer)
2. Hartfield (whether Burton returns or not  we could use another skilled  3+D player at his position.
3. Gordon  (can move up as high as #1 if coaches find that he's the most talented but I'm constructing this board based on need.)

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on May 15, 2018, 08:45:32 PMRecruiting news coming? Is Hartfield committing or a possible Burton return? I'm going with Hartfield is committing. https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/996564584570990593

Why not both?

Also I say Scott owes us a H and H for screwing with our recruiting. It's only fair.

VU2014

Hartfield's high school coach just tweeted out the schools showing interest in Braun. I heard Valpo and Kent State were the two schools most involved.

Hartfield is a nice 2 way player with good size.

https://twitter.com/sonnyjohnson32/status/996763300988899330

VUGrad1314

I'm all aboard the Hartfield train now. Time to focus on getting the best pieces we can going forward and if that means we have to endure another tough season while all that talent sits out so be it. That said I think we're going to be a much better team this coming year and that anyone selling us short is severely underestimating the impact that Fazekas and Freeman-Liberty will have.

VUGrad1314

I wonder if perhaps we would get in on guys like Wiley Patterson or Isabell (Drexel grad transfer) to provide some veteran leadership and scoring punch. If we were in on Stull Wiley especially doesn't seem like a bad fit.

justducky

At this point I see a senior-less 10 man roster with 90 to 125 RPI potential for the 18-19 season. Options for further immediate improvements are fast disappearing.

Looks to me like signing one redshirt transfer (Hartfield?), one more true freshman, and sitting on our last scholarship is our likely course of action.

Stull would have been a great addition but he would not have vaulted us into at-large contention. The quality of any 19-20 eligible transfers should define that seasons top potential.

VUGrad1314

Any updates on Gordon? Have we reached out to potential high impact front court transfers like Nze or Faulds? Are we in on anybody immediately eligible such as Wiley Patterson or Pettway? Man I hope Hartfield commits. He Golder and Freeman-Liberty would be so much fun to watch on the wings. What a great rotation that would be!

crusadermoe

Anyone..?.....anyone?.....

Bueller?   ...Bueller?

bbtds

Quote from: crusadermoe on May 16, 2018, 12:44:32 PM
Anyone..?.....anyone?.....

Bueller?   ...Bueller?

Nobody named Buehler but Eastern Washington had a recruit named Will Ferris and Ben Ferris was Mr. Basketball in Vermont. . Also Save Ferris is a ska punk band that was formed in 1995.

valpopal

If he can prove he is fully healthy and back to his peak as a player, a sleeper candidate Valpo could consider is Maryland grad-transfer Dion Wiley. He was a 4-star recruit SF coming out of high school, but he had injuries that caused him to miss a year and slowed his progress for the Terps.

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2018/3/28/17174626/dion-wiley-leave-graduate-transfer

FieldGoodie05

A bit disappointed, was hoping to hear news of an addition to the MBB team this week. 

As someone mentioned earlier, hope Paul wasn't referencing the Joe Burton news as "recruiting news".

EddieCabot

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 18, 2018, 06:08:44 PM
A bit disappointed, was hoping to hear news of an addition to the MBB team this week. 

As someone mentioned earlier, hope Paul wasn't referencing the Joe Burton news as "recruiting news".

Yep.  No news this week.   :-X

valpopal

Here's your news: Eron Gordon to Valpo!!!

Pgmado

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 18, 2018, 06:08:44 PM

Patience, young grasshopper.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpopal on May 18, 2018, 06:35:37 PM
Here's your news: Eron Gordon to Valpo!!!

Legit, he's on his way!

a3uge

Hopefully he takes "apart" in some classes and doesn't end up like Burton ><

IrishDawg

Quote from: crusader05 on May 18, 2018, 07:13:42 PM
https://twitter.com/EronGordon1/status/997614958073565184

Good, solid pickup.  Will be interesting to see how he develops in his year off.  Gordon can score, but his issue has always been consistency with his shooting, and he didn't really get enough attempts to know if that was corrected at Seton Hall, though you would think if it had, he would have gotten more shots in the last couple years.