• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

December 2018 Poll

Started by bbtds, December 03, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will Valpo's record be in December 2018?

5 - 0
3 (9.1%)
4 - 1
17 (51.5%)
3 - 2
9 (27.3%)
2 - 3
2 (6.1%)
1 - 4
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 05, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

bbtds

Better late than never. With 1 win already in the books we still have to choose how many losses if any in the month of December 2018 for the Crusaders.

12/4 High Point (with Tubby Smith) at the ARC

12/8 at George Washington

12/17 Ball State at the ARC

12/19 at Texas A&M

12/29 Purdue Northwest at the ARC

Will there be a loss for the Saders of the ARC?

bbtds

bbtds

Quoteauthor=M link=topic=3256.msg106462#msg106462 date=1543893697]December sweep, top 25 in the mid major polls

vu84v2

All winnable games and the team playing better. 5-0!

VUSWIM08-12

4-1, IDK where the loss comes from but 5-0 seems too optimistic.Hopefully we don't overlook High Point tomorrow, we should definitely win as long as we're focused. I think winning the Ball State game is very important if we hope to have success in the MVC. We have played BSU each of the last 5 seasons and the home team has won every game. Hopefully this isn't the year that changes! Texas A&M has played a tough schedule but their best win is against South Alabama. They also lost to UC Irvine. They have games against Boston College and Oregon St. before they play us so we'll get to learn a little more about them before we head down to College Station.

wh

I went 4-1 with a loss to Texas A&M. That said, A&M is picked 12th in the SEC and is off to a 3-4 start. It looks like 5-0 is possible, but we still need to figure out how to keep opponents from getting 2nd and 3rd shot opportunities.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: wh on December 04, 2018, 04:29:19 AM
I went 4-1 with a loss to Texas A&M. That said, A&M is picked 12th in the SEC and is off to a 3-4 start. It looks like 5-0 is possible, but we still need to figure out how to keep opponents from getting 2nd and 3rd shot opportunities.

I went 4-2, Loss to A&M and BSU.

bbtds

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on December 04, 2018, 06:19:33 AMI went 4-2, Loss to A&M and BSU.
Where is Valpo playing their 6th game or does the High Point win count as 2 since we'll be winning against Tubby which translates to two wins over the Zeniths.

HPU really should have gone with the nickname Zeniths.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zenith+definition&oq=zenith&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6413j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

bbtds

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on December 03, 2018, 11:59:45 PMHopefully we don't overlook High Point tomorrow,

We would really have to have lofty goals to "overlook" HPU.

I can't help it.

PlumStreetBum

The win on Sunday was in December. I agree with 4-2 on the month, losses on the road at A&M and a random bad loss to a hot-shooting team on a night when we can't make key buckets. But 5-1 seems possible ... 🤔

VULB#62

As I mentioned on another thread, with UC Riverside under our belt, 4-1 the rest of the way (Opponent record as of 12/4 in parens). 

High Point (3-5) - WIN
@George Washington (1-7) - WIN  [Tough schedule - Got smoked by Michigan, Virginia and South Carolina.  Could be a trap game.]
Ball State (5-3) - WIN [But this'll be close. Beat ISUb, lost to Purdue, VATech, Alabama.  Will play LUC and Evansville before they come to Valpo]
@ Texas A&M   (3-4) - LOSS [ Losses to Gonzaga, Minnesotra and Washington, but we could upset them]
Purdue NW ( 2--5 ) - WIN [NCAA D-II. Listed as an exhibition for PNW]

EddieCabot

Since 5-1 wasn't an option, I voted 4-1. 

historyman

Has Fazekas taken a shot?

The stats say 0 for 0.

You can't make any if you don't shoot.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: historyman on December 04, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
Has Fazekas taken a shot?

The stats say 0 for 0.

You can't make any if you don't shoot.

No but apparently he can turn it over.  Our offense has become feed Smits and stand around....

Guess it's unsurprising that our only first half offense is Derrick?

M

Can I change my vote? 🤦‍♂️

justducky

Quote from: M on December 04, 2018, 09:43:20 PM
Can I change my vote? 🤦‍♂️

I went for 3-2 but HP wasn't one I had penciled in for a loss.

VU2014

This team is so inconsistent that it wouldn't surprise me if we beat a good Ball State team, played Texas tech well but have a very disappointing fashion win against PNW.

There is no consistency with this team other than Smits the last 5 games.

Bakari and Fazekas need to start making some shots. It's getting to that point in the season where these guys need to get going.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on December 05, 2018, 03:26:35 PM
This team is so inconsistent that it wouldn't surprise me if we beat a good Ball State team, played Texas tech well but have a very disappointing fashion win against PNW.

There is no consistency with this team other than Smits the last 5 games.

Bakari and Fazekas need to start making some shots. It's getting to that point in the season where these guys need to get going.

I agree VU2014, we are capable of beating anyone left on our schedule and I am not embellishing (never thought Western KY and WVU were on that list to start the season).  This team is trying to identify who the "go-to" player(s) are going to be and it's clear that Bakari and Freeman are throwing their hats in the ring at least from the manufacture a basketball POV.

Sadly Bakari is just not athletic enough (first step) to beat the guy guarding him at times so we get TO and chucking from deep.  Smits is going to be a conundrum this year in conference because he makes a lot of his moves with his head down . . . thereby committing to a move and not keeping his head up (for passing).  If he keeps at that we will not get the open 3-pt rhythm shots that I really hope we start getting in MVC play.  Derrick has shown to be outstanding, but can he start to pass well out of double teams effectively for spot up 3s by Fazekas and the crew?