• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valley Girls Madness

Started by justducky, March 13, 2021, 08:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

From Rambler board--both Drake and Bradley had a positive test in their Tier 1 personnel but have enough players and coaches to play. So MSU withdrew (with the NCAA in mind), Drake moves to title game, and Bradley beats Loyola to advance to title.

Nothing on Valley board. Do any of you know anything? Could we be a 3 bid league?

VUGrad1314

I'm not sure I don't think Drake with its NET of 47 is enough to get in at this point and Bradley for sure needs the auto bid at 84. Most likely scenario we're a two bid league in women's basketball.

justducky

Quote from: justducky on March 13, 2021, 08:21:42 PMSo MSU withdrew (with the NCAA in mind),

I hope they checked this out in detail before taking action. Might ESPN have grounds for a lawsuit from an arbitrary cancellation? In an ordinary year with lost ticket sales at stake the Valley would have insisted on a game?

This is crazy stuff!

valpotx

As the #7 league in NET, it should get 2 bids.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Why did Drake get the bye to the title game, and not Bradley?  Per the bracket, Drake should have been playing Loyola, and Bradley going to the title game automatically, with MSU withdrawal. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

I think they reseeded. And Drake got a bye as the highest remaining seed.

valpotx

Is that always the policy for the Women's tournament, or just a factor of what happened with MSU withdrawing?
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

So I presume there is some sort of tv contract for the women's tourney.  I'm wondering what, if any, the payout per unit might be?  Any ideas?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

justducky

MSU vs UC Davis in a 5 vs 12.                Bradley lands as an 11 and will take on 6 seed Texas.   I had the Braves pictured as a 12 and that makes me wonder how far off the bubble Drake landed.

Quote from: vu72 on March 16, 2021, 09:01:53 AM
So I presume there is some sort of tv contract for the women's tourney.  I'm wondering what, if any, the payout per unit might be?  Any ideas?

Not a clue but we should guess small.

justducky

In Valley NIT action UNI has defeated Dayton 70-56 and Creighton 64-63. They will play the St Louis vs Milwaukee winner to see who reaches that final four.

The Drake girls lost big to Milwaukee but beat DePaul in the consolation bracket. ISUr was also edged in the opening round by Tulane but beat Samford in the consolation bracket. So far the MVC is 4-2 overall in this NIT play.