• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 10 @ Butler

Started by valpofb16, November 08, 2021, 05:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Facing off against the 2-7 Bulldogs who have looked improved on offense last few weeks.

No idea who the starting QB will be for the Beacs. And Butler has a lot of film on our defense giving up plays last week.

That being said!!!!!!

24-21 Beacs , 4-6

vu72

Quote from: valpofb16 on November 08, 2021, 05:17:57 PM
Facing off against the 2-7 Bulldogs who have looked improved on offense last few weeks.

No idea who the starting QB will be for the Beacs. And Butler has a lot of film on our defense giving up plays last week.

That being said!!!!!!

24-21 Beacs , 4-6

As long as we beat the team from Indianapolis, all is well and the season is a success.  We keep the helmet!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

The greatest college football rivalry ever!!

valpofb16

USC I get the comment. It definitely could be a great one again if the student bodies bought in.

I know Valpo student body has had great attendance this year. Butler is in a rut. Would be fun if it ever got ramped up a bit

usc4valpo

I have to joke about it with my "SEC football is golden" friend claining there is no rivalry like the Ole MIss - Miss St. Egg Bowl.
Of course we know the greatest college football city rivalry in the US.

valpotx

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 09, 2021, 02:08:49 PM
I have to joke about it with my "SEC football is golden" friend claining there is no rivalry like the Ole MIss - Miss St. Egg Bowl.
Of course we know the greatest college football city rivalry in the US.

UT and OU are actually in separate states, not the same city :).  It can seem like OU is in the same state, as most of their roster is always filled with Texans.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

I heard Space Force vs Coast Guard was just beginning to be the greatest rivalry among academies.  ;D

VUSupport

Season a success if we go 4-6 and beat Butler, LOL.

NotBryceDrew

Not to be mean but these announcers are horrible neither seem like they actually know what they're are talking about.

JD24

Quote from: NotBryceDrew on November 13, 2021, 11:09:35 AMNot to be mean but these announcers are horrible neither seem like they actually know what they're are talking about.
Particularly the rules of the game....motion on the defense?
As to the, to this point, missing Robert Washington....has anyone seen him on the sideline because I haven't spotted him.

JD24

Todd mentions that Washington is said to be playing in the 2nd half so I assume some level of suspension.

vu84v2

Quote from: VUSupport on November 10, 2021, 05:12:05 PM
Season a success if we go 4-6 and beat Butler, LOL.

Wound't 5-6, with a 5-3 conference record and placing in the upper half of the conference, be a greater success?

hailcrusaders

Up 30-3 at half....I could get used to this. Nothing quite like kicking Butler's @$$.
#CrusadersForever

vu72

I would think the Butler coach is headed for the exits. Getting pounded by their rival and no doubt (playing Marist on the road to conclude the season) will end up winless in the PFL.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

I thought Nimz played very well today. Very decisive and accurate with the throws on what had to be a tough day to make throws.

IndyValpo

Quote from: vu72 on November 13, 2021, 12:53:18 PM
I would think the Butler coach is headed for the exits. Getting pounded by their rival and no doubt (playing Marist on the road to conclude the season) will end up winless in the PFL.
Remember Carlson got fired immediately after particularly bad beating by Butler.

valpotx

I didn't catch the first quarter.  Did Washington sit out a half for any specific reason that was mentioned?
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

Quote from: valpotx on November 13, 2021, 05:58:50 PMI didn't catch the first quarter.  Did Washington sit out a half for any specific reason that was mentioned?
Nothing mentioned and I'm absolutely positive we'll never hear from any official source what the issue was. Likely a violation of some low level team rule...late for a meeting, practice, etc. maybe after being warned.

valpofb16

Was a great showing from Valpo and their fans on a cold day in Indy.

Few thoughts after being onsite:

1) parents are very enthusiastic of the program and each one of them said their child loved Landon Fox

2) Valpo is a better program than Butler at this moment in time.

3) Voris is much different than Dale
Carlson, he has won a few PFL championships, down year, Carlson should not have made it to year two but him and LaBarbara needed to keep their golf schedule.

It appears Fox was a home run hire. I would love for more continuity in keeping Nimz for a fifth year (I believe he is still under 10 career starts)

Great win, happy to keep the helmet

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on November 14, 2021, 10:55:23 AMWas a great showing from Valpo and their fans on a cold day in Indy. Few thoughts after being onsite: 1) parents are very enthusiastic of the program and each one of them said their child loved Landon Fox 
Looks like you didn't find the parents of the one putz who was "contributing" here a couple of weeks back.

bbtds

Does anyone find it ironic that the famous Hoosier Helmet that is so coveted by Butler and Valpo has a Crusader on it?

IndyValpo

Quote from: vu72 on November 13, 2021, 12:53:18 PM
Butler coach resigned today.