• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

At STANFORD Wed Nov 17'th 7:30 Central

Started by justducky, November 15, 2021, 07:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

They play San Jose St tonight on the Pac 12 Network at 10 central. If "big dummy" is not doing the color commentary I will watch AND listen. If his mouth is running then I will still try to watch.  ::)

So far they have beaten Tarleton St 62-50 and lost to Santa Clara 88-72. Can Matt deliver them a homecoming surprise?

justducky

Quote from: justducky on November 15, 2021, 07:48:32 PMThey play San Jose St tonight on the Pac 12 Network at 10 central.

Sorry but it looks like that report is partly erroneous. On my local comcast package I am getting Long Beach St at UCLA. Well somebody needed to open this thread and frankly I am not optimistic enough to have opened it without an additional reason. So Go Matt, and Go Valpo!

vu72

Is Ben playing? then there's your answer.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

I don't think that Krikke was wearing his boot last Saturday.  That is a good sign because he told me that last week after the Toledo game that when not wearing it the thing starts to hurt again.  What a great win for Matt if he could beat his alma mater.

valpolaw

If Matt beats his alma mater, I will fall out of my chair in shock. I just hope they keep it within 20

usc4valpo

It would be an honor to hear Bill Walton do this game and discuss the latest on the Conference of Champions. In the NCAA tournament last year, he defended the greatness of the Pac12 men and womens teams in their representation and performance while the overrated Big 10 truckstop schools went down. Walton is a legend for sure.

VUSWIM08-12

Valpo at +13, O/U at 133, Stanford isn't playing great basketball and was picked to finish 9th in the PAC-12, would be a great win but have we gelled enough to keep it competitive? Bill Walton's random hippie ranting isn't that bad, I actually enjoy it most of the time haha. Was our last PAC-12 game the win against the OSU Beavers? I think Steve Lavin was on that call and I thought he did a great job. Directv doesn't have the Pac-12 channel ughhh, Why don't they just have an option to buy a game? Dumb.

Valpo 68
Cardinal 67

oklahomamick

Valpo won't be winning this one but I think they may cover the 13 point spread.

Right now they are 0-2 against the spread but that stuff evens out and corrects itself overtime. 

Half my winnings staying in my pocket, the other half bought some Beacon hoodies. 
CRUSADERS!!!

JD24

Roxy Bernstein and Mike Montgomery on the call tonight. No Walton

tiny707

Only way we win is if Ben comes back, limits Eron's PT, plays Slim, and Lottich learns how to sub properly so we aren't gassed in the fourth quarter. We did definitely cover the spread.

Just Sayin

FWalum

This team has played extremely tight in all four games. They have the talent to win and they know they should be winning, and that is adding to the pressure. Perhaps being the underdog tonight will loosen things up a little bit. Ben was in the boot at the last game so I doubt he plays tonight.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

usc4valpo

No Red Head? Well that sucks. I hope the truck stop school destroys the Tree.

Just Sayin

Game on 7:30 pm PAC 12 DISH Channel 406-01.

wh

We're not going to be in this game for long without Ben. I know that will come as a disappointment to some, but success for mid major bb teams is more complicated than "next man up."

It's not Matt's fault...it's not Matt's fault (repeat until you get it).

bb33

I heard Ben is not playing.  That will make winning harder but not impossible. Maybe lightening will strike.

IndyEIT777

Now that Ben is out, I have a bad feeling we're going to get blown out. Stanford is going to try and take Kithier out of this game and I just don't know where our points are going to come from if they are successful. Besides Taylor, no one else has been consistent for these first couple of games.

I also think since the AP teams, we get shell shocked playing the Power 5 schools and I feel like our non Big Ten transfers are going to struggle with facing a PAC-12 school tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm bracing for the worst.

tjjvalpo

IndyEIT777

10-1 run for Stanford to start, Taylor gets 2 quick fouls, this is looking extremely grim, how does our fearless leader settle the troops now???

bbtds

Valpo will be lucky to score 20 by halftime.

IndyEIT777

Another thing I am sick of hearing from Lottich teams..."this guy hasn't made a 3 all year and he's made multiple tonight"...WHY CAN WE NOT DEFEND THE THREE???

mj

I believe that we will win.

mj

I think it's time to release Eron Gordon.
I believe that we will win.

bbtds

Quote from: mj on November 17, 2021, 08:06:15 PM
I think it's time to release Eron Gordon.

Probably not but the head coach can be.