• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. Govs

Started by valpotx, June 02, 2013, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

The former Lisa Diefenthaler is Tracy's wife. She and her twin sister, Heidi (Bernardi), were on the women's basketball team at Valpo up to 1996.

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/columnists/jim-hunsley/twins-reunite-on-valpo-girls-coaching-staff/article_55f9e567-43ae-58a9-b0ec-6d9c38c7d5c3.html

The women's team sure could use a set of twins such as the Diefenthalers right now. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

well, you put the "history" in historyman, man.

i thought that was a new article up until they dropped the name "Crock McGonigle", at which point I realized it was a 4.3 year old article ;/
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpopal

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on June 06, 2013, 07:29:31 PM
well, you put the "history" in historyman, man.

i thought that was a new article up until they dropped the name "Crock McGonigle", at which point I realized it was a 4.3 year old article ;/

By coincidence, I saw "Crock" today, and he is retiring with the close of the Valparaiso school year tomorrow.

LaPorteAveApostle

retiring?  what a Crock!

he was my Driver Ed classroom instructor.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

also we've gone from talking about VU vs. Austin Peay
to NC State vs. Auburn
to the Diefenthaler twins
to David McGonigle...
so I'm bringing it back.

I couldn't let this pass without comment...what is with the world today?  Taking a page out of Ball State's ("Ball U") and South Carolina's ("Cocks") books, their new athletic slogan:

which...is something.  seriously, what is with the world today?

personally, it just begs the observation from old ABA fans (of which I am not one):

"My man Fly is open, so let's go Peay!"

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on June 06, 2013, 09:47:52 PM
personally, it just begs the observation from old ABA fans (of which I am not one):

"My man Fly is open, so let's go Peay!"

That would be a good question for Bob Costas, the Spirits radio pbp guy: Did you ever use the phrase "Fly is open?"

I thought maybe he used the phrase "Back to the Future" or "Marty McFly" but that movie was in 1985 and the Spirits folded (with the TV deal that lasts forever from the ABA teams that melded into the NBA for multiple millions of dollars) in 1976.