• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Homer Drew: Crusader Fund Chair 2013-2014

Started by valpopal, August 08, 2013, 01:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

Even though Crusader Fund dollars don't go towards capital projects for athletics, they certainly do benefit our D1 athletes and coaches. They provide for the extra things our coaches feel are necessary at the D1 level of college athletics. I don't know specifics, but I'd presume funds are spent on travel related type amenities, recruiting items, player uniforms, etc. These dollars can be helpful when used in conjunction with and supplementing athletic budgets for the various sports.

It would be great if those who are financially able who are members of this Valpo fan message board would join in and support the Crusader Fund at some level. All gifts large or small add up and will help out the various sports within Valpo Athletics. From what I read and hear discussed on this board, most if not all board members do sincerely care about Valpo athletics, be they an alum, friend of the program, or Valparaiso community member. While we all have opinions on different topics discussed, IMO it is good to read how others see things in terms of Valpo Athletics, and what is important to them or not. I'm a big proponent of either building new or renovating some of our existing athletic venues to enhance Valpo Athletics, to address our facilities after what seems like years of being overlooked. Others would have other areas of need more important than venues. Either way, the end result is we all want Valpo Athletics to thrive and keep moving forward.

I'm in on the Fund again this year, and hope the Crusader Fund brings in many dollars for athletics, be it immediate gifts or pledges. Could not ask for a better spokesperson for Valpo Athletics than Homer Drew.