• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Texas Tech vs. Virginia: Matchup Stats

Started by Just Sayin, April 07, 2019, 08:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Texas Tech vs. Virginia: Matchup Stats
Monday Apr 8, 2019 9:20 pm - Minneapolis, MN (Neutral Site)
Odds: Virginia by 1.5

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/matchup/red-raiders-cavaliers-2019-04-08/stats

Texas Tech has the number 1 adjusted defense efficiency according to Pomeroy (Virginia number 5). Watching this smothering defense is amazing. Lottich should study and analyze TT's defense until his eyeballs explode and then emulate it next year)  The eye test tells me that Texas Tech will win the National Championship. TT takes you out of your game and makes it very difficult for any good team to execute their plays.

usc4valpo

Texas Tech also has superb athletes that box out well. you are definitely correct, but it takes speed, length and endurance to be a great defensive team. Texas Tech is a joy to watch, they are very well coached, Lottich should watch some tape of them.

Both games were excellent last night.

VUBBFan

Quote from: usc4valpo on April 07, 2019, 08:39:27 AMTexas Tech also has superb athletes that box out well. you are definitely correct, but it takes speed, length and endurance to be a great defensive team. Texas Tech is a joy to watch, they are very well coached, Lottich should watch some tape of them. Both games were excellent last night.

Lottich has coach Gore on it in person.

https://twitter.com/ValpoAD/status/1114652617563693056

JD24

There are posters who believe Valpo could play the type of defense TTech plays? Even considering last year's roster, how was that supposed to happen?

Just Sayin

Quote from: JD24 on April 07, 2019, 12:46:50 PM
There are posters who believe Valpo could play the type of defense TTech plays? Even considering last year's roster, how was that supposed to happen?

Top-notch recruiting and an excellent coaching staff would be a good start.

JD24

Just Sayin

Quote from: JD24 on April 07, 2019, 04:50:28 PM
Fantasy land continues.

This kind of thinking is the reason Valpo will remain at the bottom. Just what Valpo needs. A long way from one coach saying that he would take Valpo to a final four. And he could recruit like no one else. 

JD24

Quote from: Just Sayin on April 07, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: JD24 on April 07, 2019, 04:50:28 PMFantasy land continues.
This kind of thinking is the reason Valpo will remain at the bottom. Just what Valpo needs. A long way from one coach saying that he would take Valpo to a final four. And he could recruit like no one else.
Yeah. Valpo will "remain" at the bottom because of some posts on a message board.

Just Sayin

Quote from: JD24 on April 07, 2019, 10:00:46 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on April 07, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: JD24 on April 07, 2019, 04:50:28 PMFantasy land continues.
Yeah. Valpo will "remain" at the bottom because of some posts on a message board.

And thinking that Valpo could eventually get top-notch recruits and have an excellent coach and coaching staff is merely a "fantasy land" because of some posts on a message board.

crusader05

apparently 4 texas tech players are transferring so maybe we could have some of their defensive skills earlier than we thought.

Just Sayin

Quote from: crusader05 on April 08, 2019, 08:33:19 AM
apparently 4 texas tech players are transferring so maybe we could have some of their defensive skills earlier than we thought.

Owens and Mooney were transfers IN to TT this season.

Who are these transfer OUT? Names please. And are these transfers out this season or will transfer out next season? Source?

crusader05

ahh mea culpa it is no longer 2018. Those transfers out were last season. Don't worry, hopefully by August or so I'll have accepted that it is 2019.

bbtds

Quote from: crusader05 on April 08, 2019, 09:25:43 AM
ahh mea culpa it is no longer 2018. Those transfers out were last season. Don't worry, hopefully by August or so I'll have accepted that it is 2019.

I find it interesting that Texas Tech had 4 players transfer out and yet the next season are in the national championship game. Of course when those players transferred out matters most. Was it after TT over recruited and the transfers saw the writing on the wall that they would no longer get much playing time?

Valpo06

3 of the 4 guys were older, I believe. One of them, Josh Webster went to MO St. as a grad transfer. He played 38 minutes, with 12 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists in our 1 point home loss to MO St. back in January. Tech replaced him with Mooney from South Dakota, though so I'm sure they're ok with how that turned out.

valpo64

Now that some of you have completely trashed the Valpo men's b-ball program from about every conceivable angle,   why don't you start in on the other MVC teams that have also lost one or more transfers who have been coached by incompetent veteran coaches.  From what I have been reading lately, the entire MVC has "gone to hell in a handbasket".  I guess we should start by replacing the Commissioner.  Let's make the MVC fun and competitive again!  For a minute there I thought we had it last year on a League-wide basis.  I guess we didn't realize how bad it was.  After all, isn't it more fun to spread the dirty laundry on a wider scope and be more inclusive?  I guess on an over-all basis as far as Valpo is concerned, we need to replace the Board, President Heckler, the AD, Men's Basketball Coach, and the ARC.  Some things never surprise me, even Bob Knight returned to the Indiana University campus this past week-end...to watch a BASEBALL game!  What a disgrace!  Who let him in?  It was his first return visit since he was fired.

vusupporter

Valpo led the MVC in defensive efficiency in conference-only games this past season.

Just Sayin

Oops on the 5-seed vs 1-seed. Confused Auburn with TT.

Since seeding began, the number one seed has a record of 21-12 and won 64% of the time.

The number three seed has a record of 4-6, and won 40% of the time.

https://www.betfirm.com/seeds-national-championship-odds/

Just Sayin

Quote from: vusupporter on April 08, 2019, 11:16:23 AM
Valpo led the MVC in defensive efficiency in conference-only games this past season.

Source?

covufan

Quote from: vusupporter on April 08, 2019, 11:16:23 AM
Is this a kenpom stat?  Or some other stat?

Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk