• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

GAME #12: Valpo vs. Marist - 11/23, 1:00pm Central

Started by VULB#62, November 18, 2019, 10:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

A late coaching change mixed with injuries/transfers it is easy to see what happened. The quarterback position was just never the same Jimmy played at an All-PFL level in '17, Navarro transferred, Gessinger quit, Rene, Norberg, Catrine, Morgan all graduated. Simply put those holes were never filled. Cartales and Boxrucker were banged up the past two years. O-Line Roberts and Lundberg were expected to start, Russell may have had a career ending injury.

Now it is back to the drawing board on that side. QB is an unknown, RB is an unknown. OL for the most part is an unknown.

However. That was not a 1-11 defense. They played their tales off and competed. Record does not show the talent on that side of the ball.

JD24

Quote from: dcannon12 on November 24, 2019, 02:14:17 AMValpofb16 if I was Chris Duncan's dad I would tell him get as far away from Valpo football as you can. It's the poor coaching staff that lost these games not the players. Yes I am blaming them. If you noticed all the details like time outs not taken, time management problems, kicker problems, O line problems, in consistency with the QB position among many more you would know that.
Well then, based on your first sentence you have that opportunity. As to the rest of the comments, all of those contributed including the play of the QB(s). I would consider changing OC's but yesterday as a for instance there was plenty of opportunity to put points on the board and plays weren't made when needed and a number of those plays were not made by the QB.

usc4valpo

The OC is learning 24, but let's face the reality that the overall offense lack real talent or was banged up. If Fox get some real talent they may be able to turn it around.

valpofb16

I wouldn't be surprised if OC is gone after this year to find more stable job

Cecchini did a really good job having staff of Lehigh guys but Fox's staff is a melting pot outside of Dunn, Dougherty, Remy, Robinson

Carlson had 3 DCs in 4 years and 2 OCs in 4 years. Valpo coordinator is very comparable to a Division 2 and above position coach pay wise.

Will be interesting to see how off-season shakes out. One thing is certain, it will be more stable than last year.