• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo hosts Evansville Game Thread, Sun., Jan. 26,2020, 4:00p CT

Started by wh, January 25, 2020, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Quote from: wh on January 27, 2020, 09:15:52 AM
Quote from: humbleopinion on January 27, 2020, 05:23:30 AMIt helped that the Jackson Elementary Choir sang.  There must have been at least fifty kids whose families had filled the center section of the upper bleachers an hour before tip-off.  It was disappointing to see that most of them had left by the end of the game.
The level of game-day participation by Duneland School System is certainly impressive. The Chesterton HS pep band and choral groups performing during break, elementary choirs singing the National Anthem, elem. basketball teams playing halftime games, dance team, etc.

That's all great but where's Valpo Community Schools in all of this? Or other region towns? We can't just keep relying on one neighboring town to drive attendance.

M

I wonder if the person in charge of setting up that sort of stuff has tight connections with people in Chesterton...not saying they shouldn't reach out to other communities because they certainly should.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpo64 on January 27, 2020, 10:15:08 AM
The game changed when we got to being up 29-11.  From that point on they outscored us and it didn't  seem to matter who was on the floor they looked like the game was over, and I mean everyone who played.  After a good start, we played badly against a bad team but we won.  It is over and we swept Evansville.    Now let's get back after it  and surprise Bradley.

I wouldn't call Evansville a bad team. More like a rudderless ship that just found an emergency captain and crew to settle things down and get them righted. I think they'll win a few games down the stretch including one (maybe two) they REALLY shouldn't that we'll all cheer because it will help us avoid Thursday. Just don't mess with whatever multibid hope is left okay? As for Bradley, depending on their health (and ours) this one is winnable. Fazekas should have a good bit of the rust knocked off, Robinson and Sackey should be starting to get back into form, hopefully Javon returns to form, but Bradley has some injuries to key players they're dealing with. If Brown and Chillds are both out we have a great chance to win. I'm certainly not rooting for that because I want to play Bradley at full strength but I'm just stating facts that Bradley without Brown and Childs is a team a healthy Valpo squad can beat even on the road.

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 27, 2020, 12:39:25 PMbut I'm just stating facts that Bradley without Brown and Childs is a team a healthy Valpo squad can beat even on the road.

Even then I say "maybe" without Valpo laying another clunker.