• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MVC Hoops 2020-2021

Started by VUGrad1314, May 22, 2020, 12:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephtheria47

Feel like that is a doomsday scenario. Of course the MVC isn't as good as when they had witchita and Creighton, and they spent a few years reinventing themselves,  but they're doing alright now. I haven't looked it up but IIRC the A-10 isn't as good as they used to be and are down NCAAT bids also.

I dont know if going to the A-10 from the MVC is worth it. They've demonstrated they can be a national power/ranked/make deep runs from the MVC and the A-10 isn't close to being the big east or the AAC as when WSU and Creighton left.

Porter Moser has been an average coach up until 3 years ago. It's not a similar situation as to say Mark Few at Gonzaga. Loyola can still be successful if/when Porter moves to a better paying job.

My vote is the MVC be proactive and add Murray State (and Belmont?). Drake got in this year, UNI would have close last year, and IL State had that great season a few years ago. Adding a quality team or two will be increasing the metrics for the entire conference. MVC isn't far from being a consistent 2 bid league with maybe an occasional 3 bid.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: elephtheria47 on March 22, 2021, 07:24:21 PM
Feel like that is a doomsday scenario. Of course the MVC isn't as good as when they had witchita and Creighton, and they spent a few years reinventing themselves,  but they're doing alright now. I haven't looked it up but IIRC the A-10 isn't as good as they used to be and are down NCAAT bids also.

I dont know if going to the A-10 from the MVC is worth it. They've demonstrated they can be a national power/ranked/make deep runs from the MVC and the A-10 isn't close to being the big east or the AAC as when WSU and Creighton left.

Porter Moser has been an average coach up until 3 years ago. It's not a similar situation as to say Mark Few at Gonzaga. Loyola can still be successful if/when Porter moves to a better paying job.

My vote is the MVC be proactive and add Murray State (and Belmont?). Drake got in this year, UNI would have close last year, and IL State had that great season a few years ago. Adding a quality team or two will be increasing the metrics for the entire conference. MVC isn't far from being a consistent 2 bid league with maybe an occasional 3 bid.

And if we'd start pulling our freaking weight in this conference the MVC would probably be a 3 bid league with Murray State and Belmont... I actually kind of want to see Murray State and Belmont come in and do really well so that maybe it will FINALLY open some eyes and awaken our decisionmakers to actually commit to succeeding in our flagship sport. No more cheaping out on bad internal hires. I thought from the beginning the hiring Lottich was a dubious decision and sounded like hiring from within just for the sake of hiring from within. I'm very sad to say that it appears to be unequivocably true at this point that I was right. If they need help crafting better schedules then they need to do that too but please start being proactive to save the program because it's taking on water fast. These kids do not want to play for Matt Lottich. That is painfully obvious at this point. And if that's true he needs to go. This has nothing to do with the "transfer epidemic." How many other programs do you know are losing 5-7 transfers multiple times over like a 3 year period including multiple guys who were productive and received playing time including multiple freshman and sophomores who were getting or were about to get their shot. Something is terribly wrong here and it's an issue of leadership. It is time to end the Lottich era before the damage becomes too great for the program to recover. Remember when a bunch of schools ran away from us because we sucked so bad? We're getting back to that level of ineptitude. Fortunately, such a doomsday scenario as losing our conference\autobids is unlikely this time but we are now every bit as bad as we were then.

EddieCabot

A few interesting thoughts in that article, but what a tough read.  If someone is going to "publish" an article, mixing in some commas or periods in the appropriate spots makes comprehension much easier. 

NativeCheesehead

Don't even give this fool the clicks. He was a wannabe Colin Cowherd "hot take" artist while he was a student who bashed the program any chance he got.

may know

Ha ha, someone said that was a good article and worth the read? It was word salad with hot take dressing. I like the kid's fandom but I don't know why people give his blog the time of day.