• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo AD Again on Baseball Selection Committee

Started by jetz, January 10, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

This from the Perfect Game website.  MLB was on the committee last year as well.  While this doesn't help us at all as far as getting in the tourney, it's great that Valpo has a rep on this important committee. All of the guys listed are ADs of their school or some equivalent.     

"AND THE COMMITTEE IS ...

The 10-member Division I NCAA Selection Committee is the most important body overlooking college baseball, as it decides the national seeds, NCAA Regional hosts, NCAA Super Regional hosts, and most importantly, the postseason field of 64.

The 2013 committee includes:

Dennis Farrell, Big West (Chairman)
Ed Scott, Binghamton
David Hickey, Central Michigan
Robert Goodman, Colonial Athletic Association
Larry Gallo, North Carolina
Rick Greenspan, Rice
Joel Erdmann, South Alabama
Eric Hyman, Texas A&M
Mark LaBarbera, Valparaiso
Randy Buhr, Washington State"
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

Valposter

Congratulations MLB!  This is a great honor for him and Valpo Baseball.  I am sure would not put MLB on this critical College Baseball  Committee if they did not respect the state of the Valpo Baseball Program!  Jetz, thanks for sharing this great news!

Go Valpo Crusaders!
Go Valpo Baseball!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

Definitely interesting to see that he is the representation from the Midwest along with CMU, 1 from the Northeast, and the rest are from top baseball programs (not WSU).  It surprises me that there are two midwest representatives honestly.  I would have expected a Big 12 member or something versus 2 from that area
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

tx, they might have been seeking 2 members from each region, not just name schools, but some that have other options available.