• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Dirtbags fan looking to scout the enemy

Started by LongBeachStateTroll, February 15, 2013, 11:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Quote from: bbtds on February 23, 2013, 06:10:36 PM
Sounds like that opening line from from Superman

"Look, up in the sky.......It's a bird......it's a plane.....it's Jetz Yonder"(Yoder?)

Stee--rike one!
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Quote from: Valposter on February 23, 2013, 12:33:12 PM
Jetz,  thanks for the update!  Are there any other serious or season-ending injuries on the team?  It seems like we have good depth on the roster at most positions as long as we stay healthy.

Actually, there has been a conspicuous absence in our bullpen this year.  LHP Sean Kennedy (brother of Ryan) is out with what I think is a shoulder problem.  Not sure how long he will be away, but word is he won't make the Florida trip.  This is a huge loss for the pen, as Sean was LHP option #1 last year and was going to be a large contributor this year.  His loss takes us from OK with LHPs to very thin.  We have newcomer Dalton Lundeen, and senior Mike Jacobs, and that's it--both with the starters and the pen.  I hope that Sean will rehab and get back sometime this year, but I don't know how bad his injury is.  We need him...
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

Valposter

Quote from: jetz on February 24, 2013, 10:38:34 AM
Quote from: Valposter on February 23, 2013, 12:33:12 PM
Jetz,  thanks for the update!  Are there any other serious or season-ending injuries on the team?  It seems like we have good depth on the roster at most positions as long as we stay healthy.

Actually, there has been a conspicuous absence in our bullpen this year.  LHP Sean Kennedy (brother of Ryan) is out with what I think is a shoulder problem.  Not sure how long he will be away, but word is he won't make the Florida trip.  This is a huge loss for the pen, as Sean was LHP option #1 last year and was going to be a large contributor this year.  His loss takes us from OK with LHPs to very thin.  We have newucomer Dalton Lundeen, and senior Mike Jacobs, and that's it--both with the starters and the pen.  I hope that Sean will rehab and get back sometime this year, but I don't know how bad his injury is.  We need him...

Jetz, thanks for the update!  Hopefully, Lundeen and Jacobs can hold down the fort until Sean is ready to come back.  Jacobs has done a good job with his opportunity thus far. 
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!