• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Football #Thanks for your Money!!

Started by ValpoDr, November 03, 2021, 09:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoDr

This was sent to every parent.
Parents,

As we are coming up on Thanksgiving break, I would like to give you a few updates on housing. The dorms will be closing at 12PM CST on November 20th, which is the day we play Morehead State at 1PM. This means that your son will need to make sure he has whatever he needs out of his dorm room BEFORE the game he will not be able to return after. We have made arrangements for players to keep their luggage and any additional personal belongings in a room in the ARC.

I know many of the players are planning to return home Saturday night following the game, but if your son is not planning to return home until Sunday and he lives on-campus, he will need to find alternate sleeping arrangements for Saturday evening.

If you have any questions, please reach out to Madison at madison.soliday@valpo.edu

Best,

--
Landon Fox l Head Coach
Valparaiso University I Kroencke Hall
landon.fox@valpo.edu l @CoachLFox
Office: 219-464-5393
fb_twitter_cover_fox (1).jpg

NWIGuy

Not sure what the point of this post is.

Seems like the coach is just notifying parents of a campus-wide policy that is in place for all students except, I would assume, in-season athletes who have competitive events over Thanksgiving Break. As 11/20 will be the final game of the football season, there are no football players actively participating in practice or games over Thanksgiving Break.  I would guess that this policy has been in place long time.

And, of course, Valpo football has been non-scholarship for a very long time, at least since '91 when the PFL was started. It's old news that football players pay their own way.

JD24

Quote from: NWIGuy on November 03, 2021, 10:04:45 PMNot sure what the point of this post is. Seems like the coach is just notifying parents of a campus-wide policy that is in place for all students except, I would assume, in-season athletes who have competitive events over Thanksgiving Break. As 11/20 will be the final game of the football season, there are no football players actively participating in practice or games over Thanksgiving Break.  I would guess that this policy has been in place long time. And, of course, Valpo football has been non-scholarship for a very long time, at least since '91 when the PFL was started. It's old news that football players pay their own way.

It has.

crusader05

Yeah every other student has to be out of the dorms by then if they don't have express permission. It's pretty standard. asking players to plan a bit ahead is a pretty normal thing that adults have to do in life.......

valpofb16

ValpoDr, it sounds like you may be a parent or friend/relative of parent upset with program.

This is nothing really new. The kids that are redshirting can usually head out. Upper class men stay off campus and just live.

My freshman year I had a few people to my parents house that weekend afterwards to catch flights.

I would recommend to ask and see if there is anyone on team who'd give a ride for holiday. Not hard to find.