• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Chicago St was booted from the Mid-con; Can the HL give the boot to YSU?

Started by oklahomamick, June 11, 2012, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

I don't know the exact details that led to the dismissal of Chicago St. from the Mid-con.  Whatever the circumstances, can the HL rid itself from Youngstown State?  I understand the HL is trying to add not subtract....But this might be the opportunity to add some quality and trim some fat.
CRUSADERS!!!

StlVUFan

Quote from: oklahomamick on June 11, 2012, 10:17:27 PM
I don't know the exact details that led to the dismissal of Chicago St. from the Mid-con.  Whatever the circumstances, can the HL rid itself from Youngstown State?  I understand the HL is trying to add not subtract....But this might be the opportunity to add some quality and trim some fat.

1.  Bad timing right after YSU finally won a conference tourney game.
2.  Chicago State was booted for not funding all sports according to conference mandate.  It is generally believed that YSU spends most of its money on football, but nobody has suggested they fail to spend what is required on any sport.  If they are in violation, then #1 won't matter (Chicago State almost won the auto-bid their last year).

HorizonLeagueFan

The HL doesn't have any bylaws in place to kick out member and right now there isn't a chance in hell we would kick out a baseball school when we are already down 1 baseball team.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: HorizonLeagueFan on June 12, 2012, 07:19:14 PMThe HL does have any bylaws in place to kick out member

I know that's what you wrote, but your context seems to imply rather that "The HL doesn't have any bylaws in place to kick out members"?  Like nodding while saying, "no".
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa