• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Nebraska Game

Started by vu72, November 13, 2012, 06:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okinawatyphoon

Pretty terrible performance so far. Typical of any BCS team that we play, no matter what the skill level. I think we kiss any chance at the at-large bid goodbye with this game.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

a3uge

Is anyone on this team going to step up?

okinawatyphoon

I am sick of the same excuses.....we get bad luck and other teams get lucky. We never show any gumption against BCS teams. Suck it up and actually make a few baskets.

Smj

Really thought we would look better coming out o f half time....

FWalum

The look of desperation has set in for VU while Nebraska looks confident. Has our worst fear come true? Buggs looks injured.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wittynamehere

It's just flat out time for Ryan to step up and be the POY

Smj

a3uge

Defense hasn't been too bad... just nobody wants to step up on offense. Valpo needs to close the gap. Can't waste any possessions.

edit- ugh KWV misses a layup and a free throw. Just can't do that.

wittynamehere

Paging Ryan Broekhoff........

FWalum

Unbelievable that Kevin has missed all the bunnies and free throws.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

crusadermoe

OK...turn off the hype machine guys.     We play like this, we can lose to anybody.     Three of their guys looked like Y Leaguers.

wittynamehere

Quote from: FWalum on November 15, 2012, 09:54:42 PMUnbelievable thaKevin has missed all the bunnies and free throws.

^^^^this^^^^^

78crusader

Nebraska has a decent chance to go winless in the Big 10 this year.

Paul

Smj

How disappointing...   Ugly.

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: 78crusader on November 15, 2012, 10:03:09 PM
Nebraska has a decent chance to go winless in the Big 10 this year.

Paul

Well any BCS team can rest assured that they will win at least one game if it is against us.

FWalum

wittynamehere

Time to remove the shoelaces and belts

mj

Well that was one of the most frustrating Valpo games I've watched in a long time. 2-15 from beyond the arc? A million missed layups right under the basket? I think losing by 2 is almost worse than getting blown out.

I believe that we will win.

milanmiracle

Completely and totally unimpressed! Sooo many flaws were exposed tonight against a bottom feeder Big 10 team that will be lucky to win a conference game.

Another BCS loss. Ugh!
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

govalpogo

And sometimes you just lay an egg...The Big Conference curse continues!!!  Hopefully the team will rally behind this kick in the butt and be reminded of the chip that was on their shoulder from the end of last season.  SO many woulda coulda shoulda's in a 2pt loss when you play so poorly! >:(  A bunny here, a layup there, a three anywhere, a respectable free throw %...woof, but the bottom line is we didn't play well and need to play better next game.  Beat Kent State and play the way you know how to play boys!

milanmiracle

Quote from: wittynamehere on November 15, 2012, 09:37:50 PM

Quote from: wittynamehere on November 15, 2012, 09:53:59 PM

I think Ryan needs to spend some time with Bryce learning how to get his own shot when the offense comes to a grinding halt. If he doesn't get open within the flow of the offense...he's not getting a good shot. The one time he did try to go on his own, he barely drew iron. He's got enough talent, just needs to work on his one on one skills.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

milanmiracle

wittynamehere

Quote from: milanmiracle on November 15, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

I think Ryan needs to spend some time with Bryce learning how to get his own shot when the offense comes to a grinding halt. If he doesn't get open within the flow of the offense...he's not getting a good shot. The one time he did try to go on his own, he barely drew iron. He's got enough talent, just needs to work on his one on one skills.

I thought he did it just fine on the play late when he drove and got fouled.  To me it seemed to be more mental/his mindset.  He can't wait for things to come to him when we're on the road and down late in the game.  It's time to force the action - hell take a bad shot, you're the POY if anyone should do it it's him. 

valpopal

Valpo plays as poorly as they possibly can, shooting 34% and only 2-15 from the arc, throwing passes out of bounds and fumbling rebounds, weak at the free throw line, Bobby is out, Buggs gets hurt and is out in the second half, only 1 player scores in double figures (Kevin gets 20 points, but he also had a poor game with the missed layups and free throws), and yet it is a two-point game, which shows how much this was a lost opportunity! Let's hope this is the low point of the season.

milanmiracle

Quote from: wittynamehere on November 15, 2012, 10:27:25 PM
Quote from: milanmiracle on November 15, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

I thought he did it just fine on the play late when he drove and got fouled.  To me it seemed to be more mental/his mindset.  He can't wait for things to come to him when we're on the road and down late in the game.  It's time to force the action - hell take a bad shot, you're the POY if anyone should do it it's him. 

You can't count on gettin bailed out by a whistle every time. That particular play was fine, but he ended up with 8 points, 4 of which came on free throws.

His ability isn't the issue, but maybe hes a little too passive.