• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Chicago state game

Started by truth219, November 20, 2012, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vubballfan10

Has anyone mentioned Chicago State and former UIC guard Corey Gray?  He has played 2 games at the ARC vs. Valparaiso.

February 8, 2010: 17 minutes, 5 points, 2 assists.
February 26, 2011: 20 minutes, 1 point, 3 assists.

StlVUFan

Quote from: bbtds on November 21, 2012, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on November 21, 2012, 06:38:02 PM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 21, 2012, 06:02:03 PM

They return one full-time starter and only 6 players overall.

They only dress 6 players?  Really?

I know that Chicago State often skimped as an athletic department, but number of players on the basketball team was not one of those areas of skimping.

I believe he meant only one starter and 6 total players returned from last season's team. Not that only 6 players dressed for the games. There must have been some new additions to the Chicago State team.

OK.  I remain as paranoid as ever.  Nice try, though.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 21, 2012, 07:45:54 PM
They actually tried to return more players, but Wal-Mart said that the 90 days had expired.

:clap: i lol'd

VUfan

VU 84 CSU 62 my only Game of the year....

bbtds

Reminder that basketball starts tomorrow at the ARC with Bethune-Cookman playing Nebraska-Omaha at 4:30 p.m. central time. I didn't see this advertised in Valpo anywhere. I don't think there will be many fans at the early games on Friday and Saturday. But as you know you can't attend the game if you don't know it's happening. I actually had to look on the Nebraska-Omaha website to make sure they were playing Bethune-Cookman and when they were playing. 

Valpo2010

NWITimes Gameday article...definately some good news about Bobby Caps...

"The 6-foot-10 junior transfer from Indiana had hernia surgery Nov. 8, one day before the season opener against Georgia Southern. He was expected to miss up to a month, but Drew said Capobianco has been participating in some practice drills and may even be able to make an appearance this weekend."

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/basketball/college/article_43576375-9023-56b3-a440-bb68e71866dc.html

truth219

Great news...need the big man back. Hope buggs is coming along too...

Smj

Just don't want him to push it before we "need" him....    Will be nice to see him dressed though.   Last game Buggs sure played like he was not injured.

FWalum

Wow, great news about Capo. I thought it was wishful thinking that he would be available for the IPFW game.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

Holy crap, this would be huge for some of the games before Missouri State and Dority joining!
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

to be completely honest, i hope we don't see capo at all this weekend because we'll be so far ahead that it won't make any sense to get him in. if it's somehow a tight game and we need him, i can live with it, but if we're up 20 or 30, i'd just as soon see him stay on the bench and not risk further injury. b/c we've got a tough stretch coming up after this weekend's slate.

crusadermoe

I had circled UNO vs B-C on my calendar.       Wonder how many fans nationally did the same?    ;D

LaPorteAveApostle

I did...until I realized it wasn't New Orleans vs. Boston College ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Smj

Quote from: vuweathernerd on November 23, 2012, 08:22:19 AM
to be completely honest, i hope we don't see capo at all this weekend because we'll be so far ahead that it won't make any sense to get him in. if it's somehow a tight game and we need him, i can live with it, but if we're up 20 or 30, i'd just as soon see him stay on the bench and not risk further injury. b/c we've got a tough stretch coming up after this weekend's slate.

I agree - i would rather not see him push too much because it could make his "full" recovery take longer.   

swiftmutiny

Excellent news, even if he doesn't play this weekend it's good that he's recovering quickly. He'll be a huge help against St. Louis on December 2nd.

usc4valpo

In the 80', Chicago State was an NAIA powerhouse and they played some great hoop.  At that time, they were better that UIC, NIU and probably Northwestern (not Loyola or DePaul who during that time were at least very good).

Julian 'Al' Hudson, who played at Valpo from '79 to '81, transferred to Chicago State and played very well.  I think Valpo, as were several other teams, were scared to play those guys during the 80's.  Tom Smith would likely schedule some other sub division I ham-and-eggers.

Smj

Anyone know how i can watch or listen to the game tonight?

WVUR - has a banner on their streaming radio that says the game will not be available...

vuweathernerd

Quote from: Smj on November 23, 2012, 12:03:33 PM
Anyone know how i can watch or listen to the game tonight?

WVUR - has a banner on their streaming radio that says the game will not be available...

check the athletics page. they should (at least they usually do) have a link to whoever's streaming the game audio.

StlVUFan

And for the most part, if you watch it on HLN, you'll get the radio call paired with it.

talksalot

Here we are  22 minutes before the opening tip of the Valpo Pod in the Cipriano Tournament... the crowd has ballooned to 10 in the chairbacks... the excitement is building to a crescendo fever pitch...   as the triptophan sets in...

StlVUFan

Quote from: talksalot on November 23, 2012, 04:03:13 PM
Here we are  22 minutes before the opening tip of the Valpo Pod in the Cipriano Tournament... the crowd has ballooned to 10 in the chairbacks... the excitement is building to a crescendo fever pitch...   as the triptophan sets in...

Shocked -- I say shocked -- am I that Bethune-Cookman and Omaha fans don't travel well.

talksalot

OK... you be the ref... starting the second half, starting guard for UNO pulled something... after the coach put in the starting line up... but before we started play.... (there were about 10 seconds on the halftime clock)...you be the ref... what's the call??

Valpo89

Since Oren  is on his way back from a sunny vacation, I'll post some twitter updates tonight. Not as prolific, but you can check it out @pjankValpo if you'd like.

oklahomamick

Is there no video of the game???
CRUSADERS!!!