• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Volleyball Recruiting

Started by valpotx, November 27, 2012, 04:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

original sin

It seems that one of the girls has decomitted to focus on academics I'm guessing that Valparaiso can't offer and will not be playing anywhere. Being that usually most all schools have their commits for the upcoming year wrapped up wondering if they will bank the scholly for next year?

valpotx

I would imagine that Avery would hold on to it, unless she can find a late gem that hasn't committed somewhere.  Who is not going to enroll now?  Most FR play sparingly in Avery's system, so maybe that factored into it as well?
"Don't mess with Texas"

Num85

valpotx ,   My daughter is one of the recruits lucky enough to be coming to Valpo in 2014! I can only tell you she is a determined player and plans on doing everything she can be a part of a team that can compete with anybody.  She is a great kid that has been taught to never step on a court unless you plan on winning! She has plenty to prove , and I can't wait to see her soak up the coaching Carin can provide! Look out Horizon League I know # 13 is going to do Valpo proud !   

Signed ,
                                                                                A Proud Father     

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on January 25, 2014, 10:31:37 PM
I would imagine that Avery would hold on to it, unless she can find a late gem that hasn't committed somewhere.  Who is not going to enroll now?  Most FR play sparingly in Avery's system, so maybe that factored into it as well?

And apparently she has!  Interesting that she called her a |diamond in the rough" when she was a First Team All State player!

http://valpoathletics.com/volleyball/news/2013-14/13607/crusaders-welcome-ketcham-to-incoming-class/
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Quote from: Num85 on April 09, 2014, 07:18:39 PM
valpotx ,   My daughter is one of the recruits lucky enough to be coming to Valpo in 2014! I can only tell you she is a determined player and plans on doing everything she can be a part of a team that can compete with anybody.  She is a great kid that has been taught to never step on a court unless you plan on winning! She has plenty to prove , and I can't wait to see her soak up the coaching Carin can provide! Look out Horizon League I know # 13 is going to do Valpo proud !   

Signed ,
                                                                                A Proud Father   

Welcome NUM85.  You'll find this board to be a great place to keep up to date on all VU sports.  The posters are generally open minded and are true fans of athletics in general and Valpo in particular. And BTW.... your daughter is joining a great program that is based on sound values and a broader view on life than just winning (but they do win).

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Num85 on April 09, 2014, 07:18:39 PMSigned ,
                                                                                A Proud Father     
Congrats, dad, and family!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

You definitely can't go wrong in Avery's program, with a tradition of overall winning like few others in the nation!  I believe that we have reached 20 wins in each of the last 12 seasons, matching only 10 other NCAA D-1 programs!  Congrats on your daughter, and I am sure that she will help to continue our tradition, and get us back to the NCAA tourney.
"Don't mess with Texas"

original sin

Very unusual that a first teamer all state, especially from Indiana, had waited so long to commit. You would have thought that she would be snatched up long before now. Maybe the height thing, or lack thereof, scared them away? Anywho, their loss is Valpo's gain.

valpotx

I believe that Angie Porche proved over her Valpo career that height didn't matter for an OH if you have 'mad hops!' 
"Don't mess with Texas"

original sin

A 2015 commit from Michigan an a 2016 from California. Let's hope that we can keep them under wraps.