• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Kentucky loses to, who else, Notre Dame, 64-50

Started by bbtds, November 30, 2012, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

You have to wonder if Kentucky will ever play in Indiana again. This goes all the way to the Indy Star Indiana/Kentucky high school challenges.

I have to hand it to the Irish. They are hotter than ever in athletics. A positive mind set has tons to do with winning.

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 12:57:06 PMA positive mind set has tons to do with winning.
When you have a team that expects to win it is amazing what can happen.  Literally can leave you shaking your head as you walk into the locker room with a W "there is no way we should have won that game".
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vuweathernerd

Quote from: FWalum on November 30, 2012, 01:39:10 PM
Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 12:57:06 PMA positive mind set has tons to do with winning.
When you have a team that expects to win it is amazing what can happen.  Literally can leave you shaking your head as you walk into the locker room with a W "there is no way we should have won that game".

they've been 'expecting' to win for years. the difference is coaching - one failed miserably, the next one has had one hell of year, really inspiring the program. the next step is continuation of the success.

HC

ND doesn't lose much at home or in the month of November. Kentucky was a one point dog in this game going in.

valporun

Most of ND's November schedule is cupcakes. The Kentucky game was an ESPN-made for tv deal much like the ACC/B1G Ten Challenge. Kentucky is definitely not the same Kentucky of the John Wall/Anthony Davis/Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and so-on "one-and-dones" this year, but since they are Kentucky, they'll be playing on the "Dance Card" on CBS. Notre Dame is enjoying some good consistency, and a long-time good coach in Mike Brey.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valporun

Oh the mighty Kentucky Wildcats are a-struggling! They just lost to the Baylor Bears, 64-55. It is Baylor's first non-conference road win in program history. They were 0-18 before this one. Ended the Wildcats's 55-game home winning streak. Will Kentucky fall out of the rankings with this loss?

valpotx

Did you mean first non-conference road win against a top 25 team?  I can't imagine they have never won a non-conference road game before
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Maybe? Although, how often does Baylor play a non-conference road game that isn't on a neutral floor for a tournament?

valpotx

I just saw your stat scroll on the bottom of ESPN.  The stat you are referencing is Baylor's FOOTBALL team.  They are now 1-18 vs. the top 25 on the road after beating Oklahoma State
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

The stat I was talking about I heard during the postgame on CBS from the Kentucky game, so someone at CBS screwed that up.

Valposter

Quote from: FWalum on November 30, 2012, 01:39:10 PM
When you have a team that expects to win it is amazing what can happen. Literally can leave you shaking your head as you walk into the locker room with a W "there is no way we should have won that game".

It is clearly the year of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish!  A National Championship game against Alabama in football, a win over Kentucky in basketball, a serious Heisman Trophy candidate, and a move to the ACC.  What's next, a Rudy sequel?
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!