• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. UAB

Started by jetz, March 15, 2013, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I think just about everyone has had that AB where you hit it off yourself twice, and that instep one absolutely sucks...I have never hit it off myself and then been beaned though, so I am sorry to hear that for Bain!
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Cribbs quickly out to snatch a good bunt.  The snap throw just nips the runner.  Great play for the first out.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

UAB with two up in their pen now.  Webb gets a K for two out.  Here's a slow bouncer up the middle.  Vavra has no play and there's a runner on with two down.  Call that a single.  A ball in the dirt moves him to second.

jetz

Now a ground ball to Loeffler wide of first.  Webb hustles to cover and handles the flip.  UAB leads 1-0 after 7.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

UAB makes a pitching change to start the eighth.  Bryant leaves after giving up only one hit through 7.  Closer Chase Mallard now in pitching to Hara, who greets him w a line drive single to left.  Good start to the 8th.  No one up for Valpo.

jetz

Martin now up.  Hara out to a big lead.  With two strikes, Martin's sac bunt attempt rolls foul and he's out.  Not good there. 

jetz

With Cribbs batting, Hara takes off on the first pitch and steals 2nd easily.  Love to have that Martin out back.  Cribbs check swings, but goes too far and there's two away on the strikeout.

jetz

Manning needs a big base hit here.  Hara will score on any kind of single.  Instead Chris looks at strike 3 and Valpo wastes a great chance in the 8th.  1-0 UAB

jetz

Webb gets a backwards K of his own.  One away.

jetz

Ground ball to Mahoney's right and he makes the play.  Two away.  Repeat that on the next pitch to retire the side after five pitches.  To the ninth, and Valpo trails 1-0. 

Valposter

Time to dent the scoreboard!!!!!!!!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

How many strikeouts does Webb have, all well as our hitters?  It seems like a ton
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Valpo has 2 hits, UAB 3 in today's contest thru 8 innings.  Mahoney to bat in Valpo ninth, and drives a 3-1 single through the hole on the left side for a single.  That evens the hits up at three apiece.

jetz

Vavra to bat now.  He's looking to bunt.  Vavra is hit in the back and we have two on w nobody out.

jetz

Bain the batter now.  He also looks to bunt.  The pitcher goes to third with the bunt and gets the force.  One away.

Valposter

Is
Karch warming up just in case?
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

Wow, that is terrible for a pitcher to do (HBP on a bunt).  We have played some teams who have a tough time closing, so hopefully we steal one!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

No one working in the Valpo pen.  Loeffler now at bat.  He swings and misses at the hit and run pitch, and Vavra is caught in a rundown at third.  Bain to second.  Two away.

jetz

The UAB now calls time then decides to put the winning run on base with an intentional walk to Loeffler.  Morman at bat.  Interesting...

jetz

Johnson in to run for Loeffler.  Bain looks OK now and could score on a base hit.

jetz

Morman quarks a blooper down the first base line that lands just foul  Two strikes on him.

Valposter

Quote from: jetz on March 15, 2013, 11:47:24 AM
Morman quarks a blooper down the first base line that lands just foul  Two strikes on him.

Just foul...........Uggggggggggg!!!!!!!ยก

jetz

Morman swings...and misses on an outside curve.  Game over as both teams throw three hitters and UAB scores the only run of the game on a wild pitch.  Webb the tough luck loser, Bryant the winner for UAB.  Valpo falls 1-0.  That's it for me here in Florida.  Valpo plays Miami (OH) tomorrow morning at 10am, but there will be no coverage here.  See you all back up north.  So long Winter Haven...

valpotx

Thanks for the updates!  A tough loss, but it will help us grow
"Don't mess with Texas"