• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Welcome to EKU

Started by FGColonel, August 07, 2015, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

We get Illinois State as an opener.   :(  We are their practice game in preparation for Northwestern the following week. 

We went into spring ball with one (1) healthy QB.  The other QB (yes, only 2 are left on the roster) is Dalton Stokes, who I believe started against you guys, and is still recuperating from off season shoulder surgery. Its not clear how ready he will be when August rolls around.  We have 3 QBs coming in as freshmen (from CA, FL and MI), but they are unproven and will just have the couple of weeks before we open on September 3 to get used to the offense. We were decimated at the position pretty much all season after Sacred Heart took both Stokes and his backup out with concussions the game after we played EKU.  The kid who replaced them wound up being the starter pretty much all way to the end.  He's now our #1.  Reports out of spring ball say he's shown a lot of improvement on his timing and decision making, but time and real competition will tell.

What's the EKU outlook for 2016 under Elder?

Colonels12

Very uncertain. We start with Purdue, Pikeville, and Ball State. If we can upset one of the Indiana schools maybe we will surprise some people. There's some questions about depth every where. Luckily it's an easy schedule excluding 2 FBS and Jacksonville State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VULB#62

Colonels12

Thanks good luck to you guys as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk