• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 35 St. Mary's @ the ARC, Tuesday, March 22; time 6PM CST

Started by Kyle321n, March 18, 2016, 09:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Hey the fold out bleachers behind the east basket.  All coaches of the athletic department should have their players there to support the bball team.
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Quote from: agibson on March 22, 2016, 03:56:46 PMEight or so between AA and DD, but they did release another 30 in the top of EE, which are available.

Still eleven seats remaining! (4:48 PM)

At 4:53 PM I see none in EE, one in DD, three in AA.

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on March 22, 2016, 05:01:06 PMFOUR SEATS LEFT AT 5:00!!

5:18 PM - I saw one in EE a second ago. Maybe it's now gone? People can reserve them for, what, almost ten minutes?

Maybe all their listed inventory is gone, but I don't think the first three rows were ever put on offer electronically.

vu72

My reporter on the scene says the weather is great.  I would expect the rail to be pretty full.  Listening to WVUR now.

Ticket office: "tickets not available"
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Pretty sure that was Scott Drew over in section J, chatting with Paul Oren.

atkins

We have missed at least 5 layups and cannot consistently hit our free throws.  St. Mary's is reacting more quickly to the ball than Valpo. We are lucky to be only 2 points down at this point.  Honestly, St. Mary's looks like the better team.  Much crisper and better one-on-one.  Several of our guys look lost.

usc4valpo

Vashil has to seriously step up in this game. St. Mary's is getting a bunch of inside baskets.

nkvu

St. Mary's is just playing their game. Nothing flashy, just efficient.

We have to step it up in the second half.

wh

Encouragement for 2nd half - they can't play any better than they did in the 1st half (look at the stats). We can...

I like our chances.

hckjag

I have enjoyed watching St. Mary's over the years (of course rooting for the underdog in St. Mary's to beat almighty Gonzaga) but they are a very sound team. They are scrappy and play smart. The ESPN announcers mentioned it at half but Valpo definitely needs to look to push tempo in the 2nd half to get some quicker baskets. Once, St. Mary's D is set up they have played smart against us.

St. Mary's has been impressive with the shot clock winding down as well. Our defense will need to clamp down for those extra 4 or 5 seconds each possession.

Great to see the crowd on ESPN!

nkvu

Man did they step it up or what!  The defense - WOW!  13 points allowed in the second half. Are you kidding me?

Glenmorangie 18 yr Scotch Whisky tonight.

usc4valpo

Phenomenal defensive effort in the second half. Fernandez was sensational and come out big.

hailcrusaders

Was anyone else reminded of the HL Final vs. Green Bay last year? Struggle early, but gain momentum back just before half, and then the defense absolutely locks down for the 2nd half
#CrusadersForever

VUOR63

Did Vashil Fernandez just go 20 minutes without committing a foul?  Fantastic effort by these guys...they exude a toughness that make me proud to be an alum.

govalpogo

LOVE IT!  Studio guys almost speechless afterward, great love for Valpo and the fan base!  Orange Shirt Kid and I are making plans to head over the bridge next Tuesday!  Our first Valpo game in...several years!

78crusader

In the prosecution case against VU for committing the offense of having an inadequate gym, I will submit as defense exhibit A the various ESPN camera shots showing both the south stands and the student section.

Paul

grad66

Was a total defensive shutdown in the second half. Congrats to the players , coaches, fans really gave [people a great look at VALPO.  Very proud tonight VU. Bold and Gold!

Smj

wh

Just stopping at the food store on my way home. My ears are still ringing from the noise and I don't mind in the slightest. I will remember tonight for a very long time! Go Valpo!

historyman

Quote from: atkins on March 22, 2016, 06:39:21 PM
We have missed at least 5 layups and cannot consistently hit our free throws.  St. Mary's is reacting more quickly to the ball than Valpo. We are lucky to be only 2 points down at this point.  Honestly, St. Mary's looks like the better team.  Much crisper and better one-on-one.  Several of our guys look lost.
I believe St Mary's travel from California got to them in the 2nd half. They couldn't hit a tech geek in Google's courtyard.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VUSWIM08-12

Anyone watch the halftime show of the Creighton @ BYU game? Valpo getting a lot praise for their defensive effort!! Compulsively bought tickets  for MSG, looks like a 6 hr train ride down to NYC from VT!

Valpower

Quote from: historyman on March 22, 2016, 08:35:19 PM
Quote from: atkins on March 22, 2016, 06:39:21 PM
I believe St Mary's travel from California got to them in the 2nd half. They couldn't hit a tech geek in Google's courtyard.
Depth and relative inflexibility hurt them, as well. They do their "thing" pretty well until they get tired or someone adjusts relatively effectively (or both, of course).

valpopal

Saw LeCrone at the game again tonight, and at least this time he was sporting a Valpo color by wearing a brown sport coat. Once more, though, it was enjoyable that he had to be present and reminded what the HL missed by not having the tournament at Valparaiso. More exciting and engaging atmosphere, which also better showcased the Horizon League and its best team in front of a national audience: HL Detroit tourney or all three Valpo NIT games?

oklahomamick

Quote from: hailcrusaders on March 22, 2016, 07:59:08 PMWas anyone else reminded of the HL Final vs. Green Bay last year? Struggle early, but gain momentum back just before half, and then the defense absolutely locks down for the 2nd half

Absolutely, the last play of the 1st half was the same one we ran against Green Bay.  Green Bay two defenders went to the arch for Peters and Carter threw it to Vashil for the dunk.  Tonight, they stayed home and Peters hit the 3 pointer.  Bother games ended with scoring baskets at the final seconds.
CRUSADERS!!!