• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Arch Madness 2017-18

Started by VU2014, August 18, 2017, 04:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jloose128

If you don't think the new team in the conference is getting jabbed by the officials, let that last play be your proof.

valpopal

Lottich's passive response to the officials on that bogus flagrant foul call on McMillan is exactly what some of us complain about.  >:( 

VUSL98

Ref explaining call to McMillan: "You're a freshman.  Alize's a senior."

FWalum

Quote from: jloose128 on March 01, 2018, 09:45:02 PM
If you don't think the new team in the conference is getting jabbed by the officials, let that last play be your proof.
Absolutely ridiculous that ref should be ashamed of himself, how hard must it be to watch that replay and realize you as a ref got jobbed.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Svoboda

As an Indiana State fan, I feel for you with this officiating. This is how we feel pretty much every game.

Pollard is awful. Rewards Johnson's fake elbow flop, calls a weak foul out top and then misses Alize holding Mileek right in front of him as the ball bounced (in what was like slo-mo) in front of him.

nkvu

Kiser trying to guard Johnson is just brutal to watch. I feel for the kid. He's giving everything he's got but he has no chance.

VU2014

Quote from: valpopal on March 01, 2018, 09:48:09 PM
Lottich's passive response to the officials on that bogus flagrant foul call on McMillan is exactly what some of us complain about.  >:( 

I normally try and give Lottich the benefit of the doubt but I want to see him blow up on the refs. That call was pure bull$hit.

VU2010

Same old same old. You can't speed up the process, as we're told time and time again. Look at Missouri State's record as of late. Yet, they look like Duke tonight same poor rotations. Same passivity. And, why not set the message straight by benching Micah? But, no. Sad. Feel for Tevonn and Max.

nkvu

Quote from: nkvu on March 01, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
Kiser trying to guard Johnson is just brutal to watch. I feel for the kid. He's giving everything he's got but he has no chance.

Of course it's not like anyone else is doing any better.

ValpoFan

Coach Lottich needs to either man up and start standing for his players or go back to being an assistant coach.
I would love to see what would (Lansing/Simmons/Wardle/etc...) do if that Flagrant 1 BS of a call was called on one of their players.  >:( 

VU2014

It is &^%$ed up that Max Joseph is defending Alize Johnson in this game... seriously what gives with this?

VU2010

Idk how people logically think this team is honestly markedly better than they were. Where have they improved? Boxing out? On the boards? Hustle plays? Idk. But, it's the process. I see a few players hustling. But, again, Parker doesn't get a lick of playing time. Who knows why.

nkvu

Quote from: VU2014 on March 01, 2018, 10:18:20 PM
It is &^%$ed up that Max Joseph is defending Alize Johnson in this game... seriously what gives with this?

Johnson is an nba caliber player. We have no one close to that level. Somebody has to take the beating trying to guard him. It's just Max's turn.

VU2014

Quote from: nkvu on March 01, 2018, 10:22:41 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on March 01, 2018, 10:18:20 PM

Johnson is an nba caliber player. We have no one close to that level. Somebody has to take the beating trying to guard him. It's just Max's turn.

Johnson is great but in no world should he be the primary defender on him. We have no answer on this roster for him but I'd try switching Golder on him instead. This is a flawed roster... and it became even more flawed when Burton left.

truth219

VU2014

VU2014

Very very questionable that we didn't decide to foul without running clock...

VU2010

How about the fact he has Micah finish the game off instead of Max? No respect...

nkvu

Well it was closer than I ever thought it would be given the way we played for most of the game. Never thought Bakari would clank all three free throws. We had our chances but once again couldn't get there. Give them credit for not quitting. And give Walker lots of credit for a great second half.

FWalum

That bu11$#itt 5 point play cost us this game. That ref should not be assigned another game in this conference.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

jloose128

There were moments where it felt like we shouldn't have been as close and there were moments (irresponsible intentional call on Mileek/Bakari missing all 3 free throws) where the game should've been closer. What can you do about it really?

Thank you Tevonn and Max.

hckjag

Quote from: FWalum on March 01, 2018, 10:46:48 PM
That bu11$#itt 5 point play cost us this game. That ref should not be assigned another game in this conference.

+1  :thumbsup: I try to keep a level head on bogus calls but as I have reffed sports and sometimes you miss things. But then to go watch the replay and act like it wasn't a bad call.  Lottich may not get too animated during the game but he could sure get vocal for the team in a post game presser.

M

I gotta find video of this Mileek foul...^^first comment I've seen calling out Mileek and not the officials^^..

This three missed foul shots were pretty shocking, I can only imagine how Bakari is feeling right now. I really don't eat why we didn't use a timeout a bit earlier when we were jacking up 3s to try and tie it when it wasn't necessary.

Oh well. Lots to learn for everybody who plans on returning next year. Hats off to Walker for going out in style in that second half.

M

I can understand not picking up a T there...still close in an elimination game, got a ref puffing his chest probably itching to hit a T to get more air time.

I hope (though am not holding my breath) that he lights up that guy in the post game.