• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #19 UNI at the ARC 1/19/19 3pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 18, 2019, 12:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

I'm 2/3 on starting on game threads,my loss was the WVU game(they desperately need a big 12 win) so here goes. My guess is Jacobson out coaches Lottich while also yelling at the refs after every call, but UNI isn't as good as they have been in years past so who knows. I'll give us a 54% chance to win, Massey says we have a 68% chance to win, but I'm not buying it especially without Fazekas. Hopefully Evelyn shows up to the ARC Saturday!!!

VUBBFan

It appears Evelyn is feeling better. So we should see him there at 100% along with a couple thousand #GRITTY signs.

valpopal

Crowd size could be influenced by the current forecast that calls for heavy snow throughout Saturday morning and possibly into early afternoon.

humbleopinion

Quote from: valpopal on January 18, 2019, 01:15:17 AM
Crowd size could be influenced by the current forecast that calls for heavy snow throughout Saturday morning and possibly into early afternoon.

It's a sad day when a few inches is considered "heavy."

Beamin' Beacons

VU2010

I paid for my season tickets. I'll be there. We should all be there. We have to rally and be a part of the solution. It's our place to give the team a home court advantage. Plain and simple. Let's do it. Bout to get gritty out there!!!

crusader05

They're calling for anywhere from 10-12 inches but hopefully it hasn't really started to picked up by the game

SanityLost17

Only game I saw them play was against Drake.  They will once again make it very hard for us to score and that is our current issue.  Lottich has the guys playing hard but is it enough to grind out wins more often than not?  That remains the question. 

Speaking of that Drake/UNI game, and a little off topic, but Drake has a freshman guard from Merrillville that is averaging 11 points a game, 2.9 / 2.2 assist to turnover ratio, 42% from 3.....  DJ Wilkins.... Did we not recruit this kid?  If not, why?  I like Lavender, but man that is good production from a freshman and would have 3 more years with him.   

usc4valpo

This is a down year for UNI basketball. Valpo will win decisively.

Valpo89

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 18, 2019, 07:20:43 AM
DJ Wilkins.... Did we not recruit this kid?  If not, why?     
I think he may have been on the radar, but grades may have been an issue.

VALPO LI

Getting excited to watch the Valpo/UNI game Saturday. :thewave:
So here we go:
1.  Score?
2.  Does UNI surpass our stingy defence and score under/over our conference points allowed of 60.8?
3.  Attendance?  Snow is a coming will that stop people from showing up (I hope not) will we surpass our average conference home crowd of 3177?
4.  Students will you attend? % of Student section full with band?*
5.  How many Gritty, grit, get gritty, get some grit, gritty Valpo signs do we see in the stands?**

*How many students can the student section hold any how?
** Al I'm counting on you to help us count! :thumbsup:
Shine on Vu

VALPO LI

I would love to see the student section so full that they have to move the band to the rafters!!! :thewave:
Shine on Vu

crusadermoe

Perfect timing to attract students. 

Driving home for the weekend is dicey due to weather -so campus dorms should stay full.
3pm start competes with neither homework nor parties
Anyone who walks to class can walk the same distance to the ARC.

It's the students' day to come through   I am actually confident it will happen!

VUBBFan

Quote from: crusadermoe on January 18, 2019, 12:38:29 PMPerfect timing to attract students. Driving home for the weekend is dicey due to weather -so campus dorms should stay full. 3pm start competes with neither homework nor parties Anyone who walks to class can walk the same distance to the ARC. It's the students' day to come through   I am actually confident it will happen!

Makes perfect sense to me!

However, I've been called senseless before.

But let's be positive and as always ... Stay Gritty my Friends.

bbtds

I'm afraid the team will be very streaky this year and we are going to be on a downward streak. Grittiness only goes so far. It was good for a turn around but is not sustainable all conference season. Poor shooting and lack of confidence will do us in. UNI will be ahead by 12 going into the last 3 minutes but Valpo will rally to get it back to within 5.

UNI   64
Valpo  59

M

1. 62-55
2. Yes
3. 2500 if the snow is bad, 3600 if it's much to do about nothing.
4. 55% including band
5. Hopefully just 1...sorry just not my thing.

elephtheria47

First thousand fans in attendance will receive a replica victory bell. How we respond to this game will be telling for the rest of the season. Can we put the Loyola beatdown behind us and move on or will that beatdown cost us another game?

Snow in Valpo is 3-7 inches beginning tonight until 5ish tomorrow afternoon, then luckily another 3-6 inches later sat night and into Sunday with lake effect. Hopefully it's on the lighter side and theres a good crowd.   Although, the casual fan may have just tuned in for the Loyola game to see how we fared or/and be turned off by the snow. Tough guesstimate but I'll go with 2700

Valpo89

I like how that has a "Questions?" contact person.
What kind of questions would one have? Just show up at the game. You get in free!

bbtds

Quote from: M on January 18, 2019, 01:43:55 PM
1. 62-55
2. Yes
3. 2500 if the snow is bad, 3600 if it's much to do about nothing.
4. 55% including band
5. Hopefully just 1...sorry just not my thing.

Less than 2,000 if snow is bad.

valpopal

FWIW: First Vegas line has Valpo favored by 4 points.

crusadermoe

Did the Pikes read our message board in terms of greeks using the games to their advantage?........or did great minds just think alike?

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

M

Haven't climbed out of my warm bed yet but I'm hearing the roads aren't very good this morning. Probably going to keep the community at home.

humbleopinion

Quote from: M on January 19, 2019, 07:48:39 AM
Haven't climbed out of my warm bed yet but I'm hearing the roads aren't very good this morning. Probably going to keep the community at home.

Less than three inches at my house.  It would be sad if that would discourage people for venturing out.
Beamin' Beacons