• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

@ Evansville Sat, Feb 2, 1PM CST- MVC TV Network

Started by justducky, January 30, 2019, 10:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Anybody else having trouble with the audio on the broadcast?

I'd love to hear John Rooney.

jsher3141

Quote from: bbtds on February 02, 2019, 01:10:51 PM
Anybody else having trouble with the audio on the broadcast?

I'd love to hear John Rooney.
Yes. Same here. Audio cuts in and out every 2 seconds.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUBBFan

crusader05

Golder looks good but I hope they use him only as much as they need him and he goes easy on the acrobats. I liked his pass of to Sackey.

As someone who was plagued by them, ankle injuries are the most finicky types and can pop back up easily (and disappear just as quickly)

crusader05

Not a huge the refs are bad person but I'm finding it hard to believe both Smits and Lavender came out of that without getting fouled while Sackey gets the whistle on the other end

valpotx

Wow, these last few defensive stands were pathetic.  We just give them a lane for open kick-outs.  Our guys aren't looking at their matchup, which is allowing these cuts.

Thennnnn an absolutely f'ing stupid pass.  We do that way too much.  We lollygag passes all over the place way too much.  Don't throw it softly underhanded, don't just assume that before you turn your f'ing head that the defender won't step in the way of the pass, and look where you are passing.  Lottich needs to really drill how to throw authoritative passes...
"Don't mess with Texas"

hailcrusaders

I realize we're shorthanded but what drives me crazy is the possessions where we stand around for 25 seconds and try driving the paint very late in the shot clock. If the opponent switches on D or we get a shot blocked, it's effectively a turnover.
#CrusadersForever

bbtds

Quote from: crusader05 on February 02, 2019, 01:36:18 PM
Not a huge the refs are bad person but I'm finding it hard to believe both Smits and Lavender came out of that without getting fouled while Sackey gets the whistle on the other end

Typical of a game at Evansville. We always seemed to get jobbed by the refs there.

NativeCheesehead

Very hard to pull away from mediocre teams when you have NO three point shooting.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bbtds on February 02, 2019, 02:06:24 PM
Quote from: crusader05 on February 02, 2019, 01:36:18 PM

Typical of a game at Evansville. We always seemed to get jobbed by the refs there.

We create our own luck by making a stinking shot from outside, refs/hostile arenas are ALWAYS part of a road game.  Should be expected.

valpotx

Pathetic.  How do you miss 6-7 foot floaters when no one is challenging you at the top end of your shot?

It is not the refs guys.  They have given us several calls when they didn't call traveling at least 3 times today.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo64

The game is also being carried on Fox IN...no problem with sound there

valpotx

Seriously, we have 3 missed bunnies within 8 or so feet over the last few minutes.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo64

We should be up by 15 points,  Evelyn should be on the bench as he has completely lost it.  I hope he gets back to normal soon as he looks like he couldn't care less, can't shoot or handle the ball and NO defense!!!!!!  I am not a big Kiser fan but at least he hustles and plays defense.

NativeCheesehead

I don't want to hear about the refs. I'm tired of excuses for this team. The offense has been s$@! for the better part of two years.

M

Mileek is pretty good at scoring the ball but probably best to leave him on the bench.

VALPO LI

A lot of drives to the basket by Evansville.
Sloppy plays when we are on offense, but Golder is looking good.
Shine on Vu

M

valpotx

We keep ball watching on defense, giving wide open drives.  WATCH YOUR F'ING GUY!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Great job on defense, guys.  Good lord, our basketball IQ is so low on drives.
"Don't mess with Texas"

NativeCheesehead

What concerns me the most is that, even with the transfers, I'm not sure I see enough areas of potential improvement for us to be a top tier MVC team next season.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 02, 2019, 02:45:50 PM
What concerns me the most is that, even with the transfers, I'm not sure I see enough areas of potential improvement for us to be a top tier MVC team next season.

I believe this is what happens when we recruit athletes over shooters. I'm not saying that we didn't require upgrades to athleticism moving to this new conference but at what expense. We have exactly one legitimate sharpshooter on this team over a two year span.