• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #31 vs Evansville Saturday 3/2/19 1pm

Started by PlumStreetBum, March 01, 2019, 09:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlumStreetBum

Sigh.

Someone had to do it, and I figure I can't make things any worse. Also I'm not superstitious, so...

I predict a Valpo win, because it's a home game against the worst team in the conference. 58-53 Valpo.

Here's hoping this game leads to some shooting confidence. I want to finish at .500, which means we'd have to play next Saturday, too.

VU2014

65-60 Evansville wins.

Sorry but I have zero confidence in this team right now. I'm expecting a strong effort but we're incapable of scoring effeciently.

M

55-52....Bakari dribbles the clock down and chucks a deep contested 3, when a simple two would suffice, that banks in.

VU2014

I like the idea of doing the senior speeches prior to the game. It means we should have a better crowd for the players.

https://twitter.com/valpobasketball/status/1101542084765470723?s=21

usc4valpo

I was looking at the stats - Bakari Evelyn is shooting 32% from the field. holy 💩.

VU2014

Wow the Evansville beat reporter will be covering a high school basketball game over their season finally. The battle for the worst in the conference status is going down tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/patmhickey/status/1101699561263906817?s=21

valpotx

It's still basketball season?  I thought that ended a few weeks ago...
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Vegas has valpo -4.5

Is everyone playing? 

I know stupid question.  Hasn't been since our 1st game since everyone was healthy.  Wait Jay was hurt and in Spain. 

Even if players were injured and not playing we wouldn't know until game time.

Such a stupid question, my bad.

I'm taking valpo -4.5
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

It's so sad to me that as I get ready to go to this game I can't muster even a little enthusiasm. Maybe I'll be better once I get there but my only thought right now is "let's just get this over with." I feel awful that I feel this way but this season has really robbed me of my joy. Hopefully we can rally and win this game but if I feel this way as a fan I can only imagine what the players must feel. All the same go Valpo as always.

VUGrad1314

Crowd looks fairly sparse but it's still early. That said I wouldn't blame a soul for choosing to stay home today.

justducky

Nice day. Ticket in pocket. Na I've got better things to do. Sorry

VUGrad1314

Looks like maybe 2000-2500 for senior day. If this isn't a strong message from the fanbase that they're pissed and somebody needs to do something quick I don't know what is. The crowd could be a bit larger than that I don't know but I just don't sense that much energy or enthusiasm in the building.

VUGrad1314

Kiser starting means Evansville is starting this game on the power play. Hopefully our PK unit is ready for the challenge.

VUSL98

Trouble with the ESPN+ feed.  Maybe that's a good thing I don't have to watch...

jloose128

Kiser is hurt, which sounds just about right at this point.

oklahomamick

Yes, I'm experiencing technical difficulties. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Maybe it's not Lottich that is the problem but our training staff and strength and conditioning coaches. The amount of injuries this team has suffered and continues to suffer is ridiculous and to my mind not normal.  That or it's the facility but the bottom line is that somebody somewhere needs to do something for the good of the program.

VUSL98

A more appropriate thing could not be said about this season... Technical difficulties...

NativeCheesehead

VUGrad1314

Smits is SO LAZY. Classic "My dad is famous and I'm rich so I don't have to work hard" attitude. The very antithesis of gritty

oklahomamick

Can't watch the game but it looks like we will make 24 points by halftime.  Another nice offensive showing
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

I wonder if anyone on the staff is even aware their broadcast isn't working.

VUGrad1314

One question I'd love to hear somebody ask Matt: did you purposely recruit a team full of guys who can't shoot or do you just have no idea how to scheme for and use the players you have offensively?

VU2014

I'm only listening on the radio right now but it sounds absolutely brutal...

oklahomamick

Ok, we can't shoot 3's.  We can't get open for the 3 point shots either. 

Let's run and gun then.  Get out into space and run. 
CRUSADERS!!!