• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers

Started by M, March 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many players on our current roster will transfer?

None
3 (4.9%)
One
11 (18%)
Two
17 (27.9%)
Three
11 (18%)
More then (than) three
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

wh

Quote from: oklahomamick on May 01, 2019, 09:20:38 PM
Can we get through 3 or 4 posts without firing the coach and AD?

No, not until the coach is fired.

The winnowing is over, Mick.

oklahomamick

It's over?  Want to put a wager on it that it's not?  10 games into the season I bet there will several on the forum calling for the job.....I will be patient.   
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Continuously calling for him to be fired is not what I would call "being patient." 

oklahomamick

Last post I brought up coach's job was a month ago.....I won't say it again until 10 games in.  I promise.  But if more fans, alumni, and donors were louder about wanting Lotich fired.....AD might have to listen.  But I will take your approach and be mute.  Change will surely happen if everyone is mute.   :-X :thumbsup:
CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

Quote from: oklahomamick on May 02, 2019, 09:57:26 AM
Last post I brought up coach's job was a month ago.....I won't say it again until 10 games in.  I promise.  But if more fans, alumni, and donors were louder about wanting Lotich fired.....AD might have to listen.  But I will take your approach and be mute.  Change will surely happen if everyone is mute.   :-X :thumbsup:

The fans (here) have been vocal in giving Matt another year.  Just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them mute.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

My mistake, I didn't know I was in the minority on Lottich's approval rating and job status. 

Well, when he fails next year, the ones who decided to support him with another should go mute....Until that day comes, I will not bring it up again.
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Quote from: oklahomamick on May 02, 2019, 11:03:29 AM
My mistake, I didn't know I was in the minority on Lottich's approval rating and job status. 

Well, when he fails next year, the ones who decided to support him with another should go mute....Until that day comes, I will not bring it up again.

If you believe Matt should be fired now, in essence you are predicting another dismal season ahead. Correct?  And, if that's the case, can we at least agree that we all hope you're wrong (you included)?

justducky

Quote from: vu72 on May 02, 2019, 10:40:40 AMThe fans (here) have been vocal in giving Matt another year.

I am resigned to his continued employment. Nothing more!

If we were to word a poll asking if this was the best solution I sense that Matt would lose in a close vote. The totals for Mark might be a bit uglier. He announced his decision before I would have been done with my research. That really wobbled my confidence in the independence of his thinking.

oklahomamick

WH, I hope I'm wrong.  I'm wrong a lot, but on this one I highly doubt it.  Keep supporting the wrong guy and make things worse....I suppose

VU72, you suggest I'm in the minority on firing Lottich.  I bet it's close as justducky mentioned. 

Again, when we cross that bridge and I'm correct, I will call you out. 
CRUSADERS!!!

tiny707

Valpo will never fire as they can't afford to eat a salary. Vandy had an Alum picked up the tab on Bryce's salary. It is what it is. Time to move on and see what happens. Other than Smits, I don't see anyone pounding on our transfer doors for a scholarship.

crusader05

Holy Cow.

That's incredibly interesting and I can't wait to hear more about the underlying story. Guess I was wrong to be dismissive of the Todd comment and the tweet 2014 highlighted earlier.

Happy to be wrong, that's for sure.

vuny98

So we go from the conversation on if ML should or should not be fired, in part because of all the transfers and feeling he lost the team... to getting arguably the best player from last year (at least most promising future) to recommit to the team, after he said he was going to leave... If that's not a strong vote of confidence I don't know what is.

crusader05

Jaume Sorrolla

Crusader nation turns it's lonely eyes to you

JD24

Looking forward to the extension Coach and AD have just earned.

A job well done!!!!

NativeCheesehead

lol.  From fired to extension in 15 minutes.

Let's see how all this translates to wins before we do either.

SanityLost17

Sounds to me like JFL likes the new guys and is happy to see that some others left the program.   

We will be better next year even if we don't find another big man.   

Go with FV, Krikke, McMillan at the 5, because we are going to play a 4 guard lineup and we are stacked at the guard position (assuming Clay/Robinson/Gordon/Lorange/Morgon are as good as advertised and Fazekas/Javon can stay healthy)

Seriously don't see how Kiser/McMillan get much playing time with this roster....again...IF observations are correct about the new guys.   Which, you never know. 

M

This is fantastic...and unlike the other guys who have left I'm happy that it was reported that he really didn't want to leave.  That leaves us with 1 open scholarship I believe.  Would like to see a 5th year big personally. 

I'm excited with the group of players and hopeful (maybe foolishly so) that we will see some up tempo offense. 

oklahomamick

I agreed to not talk about Lottich coaching status.  But I need to say one more thing.  Sign Lottich to an extension....

Obviously I'm kidding.  SanityLost said it best, Javon must not have liked a couple that left and now see's Valpo's team as more enjoyable and possibly being more successful. 

Or he wasn't getting the interest from the big schools as he thought he would.  Which I don't understand why he wouldn't. 
CRUSADERS!!!

M

I wonder if we will see a Golder or Sorolla return...one scholarship open. I wouldn't think Golder would come back, but Sorolla maybe.

humbleopinion

Let the speculation begin:

Do you suppose that the departure of Micah had something to do with his decision to stay?
Beamin' Beacons

oklahomamick

Why would Micah's departure affect Javon's decision to come back?  Micah really was a very limited person on the team, almost absent.  Didn't travel or train with the team. 

What is Golder's status?  I haven't seen or heard anything on him.  I actually think today is his birthday according to his twitter. 
CRUSADERS!!!

crusader05

I think if anything it was putting his toes into the big water while still having a positive feeling about Valpo helped him truly realize how much more opportunity he will have if he stays.  He hadn't written Valpo off but maybe thought he "should" leave and then was better able to realize no, this was the right choice. Especially since he committed so early he might have just needed to see what it was like out there. He also may have realized sitting a year just was not what he wanted to do.

humbleopinion

I'm quite content with Golder being gone.  As much as I could be excited with his athleticism, I don't feel he represented the name on the uniform well.
Beamin' Beacons

crusader05

Yeah if we had to pick someone to stick around Jay would be my pick because we need help at his position and his lack of offense would hopefully be less of hinderance if some of our guards and forwards can pick up the scoring. Plus having him in the post and Javon also on defense would be a big plus