• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MBB 2019-2020

Started by VULB#62, March 12, 2019, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: vu72 on September 20, 2019, 09:55:07 AM
I think practice starts in five days! :dance:

Last years USH Podcast on MVC Media Day was Sept 19th.  Anyone know when media day is this year or when we can expect the next USH episode?

Pgmado

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on September 23, 2019, 08:33:19 AM

Last years USH Podcast on MVC Media Day was Sept 19th.  Anyone know when media day is this year or when we can expect the next USH episode?

Media Day is tomorrow. Leaving for St. Louis in 20 minutes.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Pgmado on September 23, 2019, 12:13:35 PM

Cool, thanks Paul.

VU2014

Pray for Paul's laptop if he's taking the Amtrak. Can't go without USH for another extended period of time

bbtds

Quote from: Pgmado on September 23, 2019, 12:13:35 PM

Maybe you'll pick up some luck from one of the hottest teams in baseball AND STILL IN FIRST PLACE!

talksalot

Quote from: bbtds on September 23, 2019, 03:48:21 PMMaybe you'll pick up some luck from one of the hottest teams in baseball AND STILL IN FIRST PLACE!

Thought there was a NO PROFANITY rule on this site???   :)

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on September 24, 2019, 04:18:50 PM
Quote from: bbtds on September 23, 2019, 03:48:21 PMMaybe you'll pick up some luck from one of the hottest teams in baseball AND STILL IN FIRST PLACE!

Thought there was a NO PROFANITY rule on this site???   :)

I didn't say sCrUBS.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on September 25, 2019, 09:34:45 PM
https://twitter.com/FatherHarry1/status/1176517562332536837?s=20

Thanks for posting but man he's hard to hear with all the background noise of other interviews taking place.

bbtds

I think it's evident what Harry was really concentrating on. He really liked Coach Lottich's pants.

bbtds

Bet you wish the Brewers didn't have such a ROCKY finish on NATIONAL tv.

I can't help it. Cardinals might go down in 3 though. Also not a super hot team but neither are the Braves.

VUGrad1314

It doesn't matter... Everyone knows that the world series is going to be decided between the Dodgers and whoever wins the ALCS (Houston or New York--probably Houston)

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on October 01, 2019, 11:15:08 PM
It doesn't matter... Everyone knows that the world series is going to be decided between the Dodgers and whoever wins the ALCS (Houston or New York--probably Houston)

When is the last time the two teams with the two best records played each other in the World Series? It doesn't happen all that often. Many times the wild card team that gets hot ends up in the World Series.

In 2018 the World Series was between the Dodgers & Red Sox but it was the Brewers & Red Sox that had the best records.

In 2017 the World Series was between the Dodgers & the Astros but it was the Indians & Dodgers that had the best records.

VUBBFan

M

I got the nationals representing the NL...that pitching staff is about the only thing that could possibly stop the Dodgers in the NL.

Anyways...

Go Valpo. Only a couple weeks away from game time!

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUBBFan on October 02, 2019, 11:16:29 AM
Hope we get the Loyola-Valpo game on air in Feb

https://twitter.com/valpoathletics/status/1179428895608758273

Hate to shift the discussion away from MLB playoffs, but it's really disappointing that the MVC didn't choose any Valpo home games for national broadcasts.  Consequences of being the new program to the block, but hopefull that changes in the future.

VUGrad1314

Also probably consequences of not being very good the past two years and not really having an arena ready for TV yet... I know I should stop harping but it's probably the truth... We don't have any TV home games because we haven't earned that right yet...

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on October 02, 2019, 10:42:00 PM
Also probably consequences of not being very good the past two years and not really having an arena ready for TV yet... I know I should stop harping but it's probably the truth... We don't have any TV home games because we haven't earned that right yet...

That's a fair assessment, I'd agree that we need to turn the corner on Wins/Losses before TV games are earned.

vusupporter

We had plenty of TV games in the Horizon League with the same arena. It's simply a matter of on-court performance.

vu84v2

I have no idea what constitutes a TV ready arena. Check out the NIT games from a few years ago...that looks pretty darn TV ready. What you need is fans and a lively crowd to be TV ready, and that means you need a good team with good opponents.

VUBBFan

valpo64

I believe we have had home games(MVC) in the past since we have joined the Conference.  If that is true, how is it we "earned" those but now we have to "earn" more home games?  Doesn't make sense to me.  Perhaps I am wrong on the previous games??

wh

Valpo's OOC home schedule has consistently sucked for years. The only thing that varies is how it gets spun by the athletic department and coaching staff:
• The Emperor's New Clothes - crap schedule portrayed as an excellent schedule
• Wait till next year - playing on the road against good opponents who will return the favor next year - and then don't
• Poor schedule/good excuse - scheduling is hard
• Who knew? - bad schedules are good for our NET

humbleopinion

According to ML this evening at the Meet and Greet, the game day experience should be different this year.  Among the things he mentioned are a greater diversity of music, use of the jumbotron better to support the flow of the game (implicitly limiting or eliminating ads), better concessions, and bringing back halftime entertainment.
Beamin' Beacons

usc4valpo

are they serving beer at the concessions like Drake?