• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Evansville game thread, Sat., Jan. 4, 2020, 6p CT

Started by wh, January 04, 2020, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

We need to quit settling for jump shots and get back on defense.

VUSWIM08-12

If we lose , I'll get lottich fired myself 😂🤣😆

mj

Sackey can't help but turn the ball over when he's going full speed. Dude needs to slow down.
I believe that we will win.

tiny707

NativeCheesehead

So tired of both early and late game mental breakdowns on both ends of the court. I honestly don't know if I have the patience for yet another long drawn out slog to Thursday night in St Louis. 

valpolaw

I didn't know we haven't won at Evansville since the 60s. That's embarrassing.

Evansville only has three scorers. Lottich can't figure anything out again like normal.

valpotx

Absolutely bone-headed passes down the stretch here.  Sackey did the same thing again, where he underestimated someone's height/jump, on a very easy pass, and then lazy passes.  Nothing irks me more than a lack of fundamentals, except that the refs are trying to gift this game to Evansville.  Several ticky-tack fouls to get the Aces to the line, and don't get the same on our end.
"Don't mess with Texas"

PlumStreetBum

Well, I was pleased that we played a good first half, but looks like we just deferred our 5-7min stretch of awful play to the second half instead.

I'm not sure if that's progress or not.

I sure wish we could see some fire out of Lottich right now, whether towards the refs or his own guys.

GoldenCrusader87

Idk how folks can keep supporting this debacle. Evansville has transfers who are playing in their first year, too. And, they have an interim head coach. As others have said, Kiser does NOT need to start or get this much PT. Mileek does NOT need to start. His PT will take care of itself whether he's making his shots and/or staying out of foul trouble. Need more pure basketball players. Kiser and Mileek are not and it's not their fault. Krikke is a pure player. As is Eron. No wonder we have waaay more bench points. Because they're better than 2 of the starters ....

VUGrad1314

Quote from: PlumStreetBum on January 04, 2020, 07:43:10 PMWell, I was pleased that we played a good first half, but looks like we just deferred our 5-7min stretch of awful play to the second half instead. I'm not sure if that's progress or not. I sure wish we could see some fire out of Lottich right now, whether towards the refs or his own guys.

We'd better see some fire out of Lottich or we'd better see some fire out of the administration at season's end. So tired... So so so tired...

oklahomamick

Support this debacle?  There are only A couple Lottich lovers left.  Good ol WH and MLB.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

We going to to win this though.  Just lucky we are more talented. 
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

Well. I guess it's nice to see JFL take the last shot. We better come out on fire in OT...

NativeCheesehead

This really is amazing. 15 games in and I still don't know if this team is good or not.

VUGrad1314

Are we ever going to NOT get outrebounded? It's embarrassing to see this happen EVERY GAME.  But who cares? WE'RE GOING TO WIN A ROAD MVC GAME!!!!

valpotx

I am still on the Lottich train.  I don't view him any different than Bryce as a HC.  Great recruiters, but need work on the x and o's.
"Don't mess with Texas"

GoldenCrusader87

Notice what happens when you let the pure basketball players .... play.

wh

Lots of frustration along the way, but a win's a win!!!!  Never say die!

NativeCheesehead

Vu owes me a six pack after this game. Maybe a couple.

wh

GoldenCrusader87

To put Bryce and Matt in the same category is laughable. Sorry. And I don't think he'd disagree with you on that. He's not there *yet* at least...

govalpogo

THIS IS WHY IT'S IMPORTANT FOR A TEAM TO LEARN TO NEVER GIVE UP!  ...I'll admit...I did.   :-[  (still kept watching though).

mj

VUGrad1314

Heady play by Robinson to miss the free throw on purpose. Broke a long and horrible streak in Evansville. Thank goodness. Hopefully this is the start of an uphill climb that builds our confidence in Lottich.