• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Illinois State Game Thread, Sat., Feb. 15th, 2020, 6:00p CT

Started by wh, February 14, 2020, 08:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenCrusader87

Never going to rule this Valpo team out but wow was that an awful first half.

For how lauded we were for our improved performance on defense vs Loyola and then last time out .... this was equally bad.

Needless to say, we caught Southern Illinois on a bad night .... and are catching Illinois state on a good night.

valpolaw

How in the world is this the game of the week over UNI/Loyola???

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpolaw on February 15, 2020, 06:59:17 PMHow in the world is this the game of the week over UNI/Loyola???

Because UNI Loyola is on ESPN2 and starting right now. I encourage you all to switch over so we can watch good teams play basketball. This is another game that just makes the decision on Lottich so much more agonizing. Because I will NOT TOLERATE four more years of this. This is frustrating and awful and I CAN'T BELIEVE how unprepared we are. Spare me the young team BS We have FOUR MORE CONFERENCE GAMES AFTER THIS. They're Sophomores and Juniors as far as I'm concerned. There should be a LOT more up than down by now and there isn't. There just isn't. This is a game we HAD TO WIN and we came out and played our worst effort of the entire year. "They played harder than us." That's ridiculous! COME ON VALPO! DO BETTER! DEMAND BETTER!

Valpower

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 06:49:41 PM
Sackey just had one of the worst back-to-back plays I have seen in a long time.  A lazy ass pass, and then didn't hustle back on defense, until it was too late.
He would have given the opponent the and-one if he had caught up, too.  One of his many frustrating plays tonight.

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster.... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster... I will not advocate for Matt's ouster...

may know

VUGrad1314

A true legend of the Valley. He had nothing to do with the Valley instead of getting us there. I wish they would wait to give us a commercial until we actually have a Valley legend... We haven't earned that yet... We need to EARN IT IN THIS CONFERENCE.

VUGrad1314

We should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...

valpotx

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PM
We should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...

Eating your words?
"Don't mess with Texas"

VALPO LI

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PM

Maybe you spoke to soon IDK?
Shine on Vu

valpotx

We are lucky that they are missing the tough shots that they were making in the first half, but this has been a much better defensive half.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 07:34:50 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PMWe should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...
Eating your words?

Yes! Happily! Loving every delicious bite! Make me eat them by getting the win! Do it! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 15, 2020, 07:36:34 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PMWe should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...
Maybe you spoke to soon IDK?

WAY TOO SOON! THERE'S THE JAVON FREEMAN-LIBERTY WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE! WAY TO PUT THE TEAM ON YOUR BACK! Now let's finish! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

That turnover leading to the three really hurts... Come on Valpo! Let's finish this! Good job Gordon! Oh crap... They're heating back up....

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

How many times are we going to have a chance to take a lead late in a game this season after coming back and not do it? Ughhhh... Come on guys! We're still in this! Let's finish! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

I didn't think Javon had a prayer of getting to his average tonight and in this flurry he has done it! He's had a great half! Let's finish the job guys! GO VALPO! I BELIEVE!

valpotx

FR level play by Fazekas not realizing that the shot clock was going to expire
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 07:48:41 PMFR level play by Fazekas not realizing that the shot clock was going to expire

SR level play drawing\selling that foul to give us the tying free throws!

VUGrad1314

We get back in the game by attacking the basket and then with a chance to take the lead we settle for a three... Why do we do this to ourselves?

valpotx

Another dumb turnover by JFL.  Throw the ball with authority, not with limp wrists!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 07:54:57 PMAnother dumb turnover by JFL.  Throw the ball with authority, not with limp wrists!

And then the tip in on the next possession... He's the reason we're in this right now... Have to take the good with the bad... One stop one score for the win Come on Valpo! I BELIEVE!!!