• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Coronavirus

Started by Just Sayin, February 23, 2020, 09:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Sharyl Attkisson, the voice of reason in this country, not following the massive crowd of panicked lemmings who are jumping over the cliff.

QuoteCoronavirus is nothing to sneeze at. But so far, widespread panic may not be justified.
You should know:
Almost all of the reported coronavirus deaths in the U.S. happened in long-term care facilities in Washington State. And almost all of those occurred at the same facility.
Most people who get coronavirus have mild or no symptoms.
No young or middle-age people have died of coronavirus in the U.S.
Most around the world diagnosed from January-March 1 have already recovered.

Well worth reading. Sleep better at night.

Entire Article:
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/health/coronavirus-facts-vs-panic

QuoteQ: Why have there been so many coronavirus deaths in Italy?
A: Italy has reported 827 coronavirus deaths. Experts say the high number is partly because Italy has more residents in the vulnerable age category. Italy has the oldest population in Europe and more elderly per capita than the U.S. Most of the Italian deaths are in patients in their 80s and 90s. In addition, Italy has a great number of direct China contacts. Italy was the first to join China's "silk road" economic partnership project. The coronavirus is believed to have originated in China. Italy's 827 deaths are out of a population of 60 million people. Even though one death is too many, it is still a small relative number.

vu72

If it's an overreaction then Trump is leading the overreaction effort.  He is expected to declare a National Emergency shortly.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

justducky

Trump will be speaking again soon. His last speech was met by a vote of no confidence selling.

I am strongly leaning toward additional buying (stock-but definitely not bond) but it is in spite of Trump and not because of him. Maybe I'll pull the trigger after listen to him again either because or in spite of what he says.

Carl Icahn went into a 20 minute ramble on CNBC. He has spotted some REIT high yield insurers that sound a bit like  the Ambac and MBIA's of 2008. Interesting.

12 years into a bull market recovery with projected trillion dollar deficits before additional tax cuts is not how this is supposed to work. Anybody want to take a bet that this deficit doubles by a year out?

As for coronavirus a bunch of us working together got sick then better under similar time frames. The testing that was done was positive----for influenza. I am optimistic we can somewhat contain this but the vaccine is the answer.

More later, Pelosi is taking her turn now.

Just Sayin

Quote from: justducky on March 13, 2020, 01:09:47 PM
Trump will be speaking again soon. His last speech was met by a vote of no confidence selling.

I am strongly leaning toward additional buying (stock-but definitely not bond) but it is in spite of Trump and not because of him. Maybe I'll pull the trigger after listen to him again either because or in spite of what he says.

Carl Icahn went into a 20 minute ramble on CNBC. He has spotted some REIT high yield insurers that sound a bit like  the Ambac and MBIA's of 2008. Interesting.

12 years into a bull market recovery with projected trillion dollar deficits before additional tax cuts is not how this is supposed to work. Anybody want to take a bet that this deficit doubles by a year out?

As for coronavirus a bunch of us working together got sick then better under similar time frames. The testing that was done was positive----for influenza. I am optimistic we can somewhat contain this but the vaccine is the answer.

Trump's team is working on a vaccine. 

Trump is declaring a national emergency which will give him the authority to get more funds to help solve the problem without having to kiss Pelosi's or Schumer's ass. He can act more swiftly to get the funds quickly to where they are most needed. Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi is sneaking in the funding for abortions in the emergency bill to deal with the virus. She is a despicable woman as are most democrats in Congress.

Just Sayin

Quote from: justducky on March 13, 2020, 01:09:47 PM

Buying now is smart. Waiting until Trump speaks in anticipation of the stock market going down could backfire on you. The old adage buy on the rumor and sell on the news may apply here. Or expecting the market to go down after a speech just because it went down after Trump's last speech is risky. Better to buy some before the speech and some after the speech. But that's a day trader mentality. I don't do that anymore.  I'm all in on Tuesday regardless of where the market is because I follow my rules. Trying to outsmart the market based on events is a fool's errand.

Just Sayin

Quote from: vu72 on March 13, 2020, 01:01:00 PM
If it's an overreaction then Trump is leading the overreaction effort.  He is expected to declare a National Emergency shortly.

Everybody is overreacting. Congress, the Senate, the media, schools, the NCAA, Trump, and other politicians. No one wants to look as though they don't care.

Just because I think they are panic-driven and overreacting doesn't mean I think nothing should be done.

JD24

....or perhaps the recommendation is separate and test.

Also much in the way of Fiduciary response.

JD24

It's all good.

QuoteCoronavirus curve shows much of Europe could face Italy-like surge within weeks

BERLIN — Some of the world's top experts tracking the spread of the coronavirus predict that in a matter of weeks, much of Europe could be facing a similar surge in cases that has locked down Italy, overwhelmed its hospitals in the north and brought the country of 60 million to a standstill.

Mathematical models developed by epidemiologists to track the virus show a sharp trajectory of infections in Spain, Germany, France and Britain. Spain, which declared a state of emergency on Friday, showed particularly concerning exponential growth, some experts said.

The modelers in Europe say a similar arc is likely in the United States, but anticipating the spread is made more difficult by the lack of widespread testing of suspected cases there. U.S. officials are working with 50 academic modeling groups across the country, The Washington Post reported, but no projections have been publicly released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the White House coronavirus task force.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...760_story.html

JD24

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: justducky on March 13, 2020, 01:09:47 PMTrump will be speaking again soon. His last speech was met by a vote of no confidence selling. I am strongly leaning toward additional buying (stock-but definitely not bond) but it is in spite of Trump and not because of him. Maybe I'll pull the trigger after listen to him again either because or in spite of what he says. Carl Icahn went into a 20 minute ramble on CNBC. He has spotted some REIT high yield insurers that sound a bit like  the Ambac and MBIA's of 2008. Interesting. 12 years into a bull market recovery with projected trillion dollar deficits before additional tax cuts is not how this is supposed to work. Anybody want to take a bet that this deficit doubles by a year out? As for coronavirus a bunch of us working together got sick then better under similar time frames. The testing that was done was positive----for influenza. I am optimistic we can somewhat contain this but the vaccine is the answer. More later, Pelosi is taking her turn now.
Trump's team is working on a vaccine. Trump is declaring a national emergency which will give him the authority to get more funds to help solve the problem without having to kiss Pelosi's or Schumer's ass. He can act more swiftly to get the funds quickly to where they are most needed. Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi is sneaking in the funding for abortions in the emergency bill to deal with the virus. She is a despicable woman as are most democrats in Congress.
Why would you need emergency funds or funds of any kind for a hoax?

Just Sayin

To assist states and local governments in their efforts to protect their citizens. And to get it to them in a timely fashion.  So he is not constrained by the slow-waking despicable democrats who hold the purse strings. Trump now has a pen and a phone. 

Just Sayin

Quote from: JD24 on March 13, 2020, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: justducky on March 13, 2020, 01:09:47 PMTrump will be speaking again soon. His last speech was met by a vote of no confidence selling. I am strongly leaning toward additional buying (stock-but definitely not bond) but it is in spite of Trump and not because of him. Maybe I'll pull the trigger after listen to him again either because or in spite of what he says. Carl Icahn went into a 20 minute ramble on CNBC. He has spotted some REIT high yield insurers that sound a bit like  the Ambac and MBIA's of 2008. Interesting. 12 years into a bull market recovery with projected trillion dollar deficits before additional tax cuts is not how this is supposed to work. Anybody want to take a bet that this deficit doubles by a year out? As for coronavirus a bunch of us working together got sick then better under similar time frames. The testing that was done was positive----for influenza. I am optimistic we can somewhat contain this but the vaccine is the answer. More later, Pelosi is taking her turn now.
Trump's team is working on a vaccine. Trump is declaring a national emergency which will give him the authority to get more funds to help solve the problem without having to kiss Pelosi's or Schumer's ass. He can act more swiftly to get the funds quickly to where they are most needed. Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi is sneaking in the funding for abortions in the emergency bill to deal with the virus. She is a despicable woman as are most democrats in Congress.
Why would you need emergency funds or funds of any kind for a hoax?

Who said it was a hoax?

M

Time to rename this entire section of the site to Just Sayin talks to himself.

Just Sayin

vu72

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 03:47:55 PM
To assist states and local governments in their efforts to protect their citizens. And to get it to them in a timely fashion.  So he is not constrained by the slow-waking despicable democrats who hold the purse strings. Trump now has a pen and a phone. 

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 11:18:28 AMIf anyone should be worried, it's old farts like myself. Just don't let old farts buy tickets to the dance.

That rules out many of the parents and grandparents of the student athletes. Does it not?

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 03:59:33 PMWho said it was a hoax?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/five-times-the-trump-administration-downplayed-the-coronavirus-2020-3%3famp

From claiming Democrats were making the coronavirus "their new hoax" to saying "it will go away" President Donald Trump, the chosen one, has consistently tried to downplay the severity of the outbreak.

Just Sayin

Quote from: vu72 on March 13, 2020, 06:25:57 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 03:47:55 PMTo assist states and local governments in their efforts to protect their citizens. And to get it to them in a timely fashion.  So he is not constrained by the slow-waking despicable democrats who hold the purse strings. Trump now has a pen and a phone.

Facts are stubborn things.

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 09:10:09 PM

Quote from: vu72 on March 13, 2020, 06:25:57 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 13, 2020, 03:47:55 PMTo assist states and local governments in their efforts to protect their citizens. And to get it to them in a timely fashion.  So he is not constrained by the slow-waking despicable democrats who hold the purse strings. Trump now has a pen and a phone.

Facts are stubborn things.

Now who didn't get the sarcasm?

Just Sayin Nonsense

wh

My sister lives in Broomfield CO, a suburb of Denver. On Wed. she was driving to the food store and noticed that traffic was unusually heavy for the middle of the day. When she arrived at Whole Foods, the parking lot was jammed, and later when she made her daily stop at Starbucks, the car line stretched around the building and looked busy inside. She thought what's up with this; it felt more like Sat. than Wed.  Finally, she realized that the difference had to be the thousands of people "working" remotely who would normally be at the office.

The irony is, of course, that these telecommuters were at greater risk of contracting the virus by mixing in crowded public settings than had they just stayed in their cube at work. As an aside, it doesn't speak well for "on the job" productivity either. Of course, if you were to ask them, they would all say they were going to make up that time later in the day.  ::)

Just Sayin

Increases Since Yesterday Morning

Globally
Confirmed +12456
Deaths +558
Recovered +2073

United States
Confirmed +474
Deaths +7
Recovered +0

Indiana
Confirmed +3
Deaths 0
Recovered Not Reported
Counties +3 (Newly reported: LaPorte County +1; Wells County +1)
Marion County +1