• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Evansville in St. Louis 3/5/20 @ 8:30 CST

Started by VUSWIM08-12, March 05, 2020, 08:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

12 hours until game time, would be nice to real off at least two in the MVC tourney but with Javon just coming back who knows. I'd love a 3rd shot a Loyola!! Maybe shoot like we did against Mizz St!! Is Evansville 100% healthy? What is the cutoff to make any post season tournament? Is it typically .500 in a quality league?

Valpo 72
Evansville 69

vu72

big game for the ladies as a warm-up for the Big Event.  The ladies play Missouri  State (1st place) and seeding at risk.  They hope to avoid Thursday as well.  Game starts at 7 Central.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VUGrad1314

I think it's a .500 overall record which I believe a win tonight would clinch for us. Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

NativeCheesehead

Anyone know if we managed to scrape together a pep band for this week(end).

Chairback

So if we lose is Lottich gone?

They have played us close this year and could beat us.   I can see it happening.  Evansville has a lot to prove and the pressure is on us.  A bad shooting night of chugging 25+ 3's and waiting for JFL to save us could happen.

I don't see how he could survive a loss tonight. 

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Chairback on March 05, 2020, 12:38:39 PM
So if we lose is Lottich gone?

They have played us close this year and could beat us.   I can see it happening.  Evansville has a lot to prove and the pressure is on us.  A bad shooting night of chugging 25+ 3's and waiting for JFL to save us could happen.

I don't see how he could survive a loss tonight.

I don't see 1-game changing his likely trajectory today or in the next year.  It might add to the fodder but he'd have to do something terribly ignorant to get fired in my estimation.

oklahomamick

Just put a unit on valpo to win Arch Madness +3000.  7 point favorite tonight. 
CRUSADERS!!!

GoldenCrusader87

We could beat anyone. We could lose to anyone. Pretty much sums it up. Good parity. Anyone could win this tournament.
Anyone could bow out early in an "upset" in this tournament. Nothing would really surprise me at this point. Hoping for a good week(end) of b-ball.

VUGrad1314

We could lose tonight We could make the finals. That's a really crazy thought that both seem fully within the realm of possibility.

oklahomamick

Sorry guys, my big bet moved the line to -7.5 now
CRUSADERS!!!

GoldenCrusader87

Even UNI doesn't seem out of reach ... I feel like Loyola is in our heads and more mental - apart from Krutwieg who we don't have any answers to (nor do most of their other opponents). And, we almost broke that curse last time out ... and at their place. We beat Indiana Stat, Drake, Bradley, MSU, etc. once ... really is anybody's to win.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpower

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 05, 2020, 04:54:24 PM
Even UNI doesn't seem out of reach ...
Especially if it's in the championship round with as many minutes as their starters have played during the season and will have played in the tournament.

VUSL98

Anyone in NW Indiana getting a "media blackout" on the Illinois State - Drake game on ESPN+?  I'm similarly concemed about our game.

VUGrad1314

What's worse is I can't find it on NBC Sports Chicago. Is it on NBC Sports Chicago+? If so I can still watch I just need to move to a different room.

elephtheria47

Yeah its blacked out on ESPN+  in Indiana and I believe Illinois. Itll be shown on NBC Sports Chicago

VUSL98

VU2014

A must win game! Excited to see our guys compete! This game is no slam dunk

justducky

A thin looking crowd for ISU- Drake. Coronavirus maybe a factor?

VU2014

Quote from: justducky on March 05, 2020, 07:20:31 PM
A thin looking crowd for ISU- Drake. Coronavirus maybe a factor?

I have a group of friends who were suppose to fly into STL but 2 of their wives shut the trip down because they were scared they'd get sick, fwiw

NativeCheesehead

This s*it is past my bedtime. I'm leaving it in all your hands. If they lose keep Lottich off the plane heading home.

I'm kidding. (I'm not kidding.)

NativeCheesehead

Love me some Todd Ichow. But what a cool thing to have John Rooney call one of our games.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Does anyone know why the HL quarterfinal between YSU and UIC is being played at Loyola?
CRUSADERS!!!

VALPO LI

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on March 05, 2020, 08:37:27 PM
Love me some Todd Ichow. But what a cool thing to have John Rooney call one of our games.
To bad these guys can't tell Kiser and Fazekas apart.
Shine on Vu