• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Loyola Arch Madness in St Louis 6:05 PM 3/6/2020

Started by VUBBFan, March 06, 2020, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

I'm at theory bar in Chicago and the Bradley game is on NBC sports...good finish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

VUGrad1314

Game hasn't even started and Paul is already talking about free throws. The groundwork for blaming the refs is already being laid.

vok22

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 05:39:46 PM
Game hasn't even started and Paul is already talking about free throws. The groundwork for blaming the refs is already being laid.

Please point out the factual error in his tweet.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: vok22 on March 06, 2020, 05:43:54 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 05:39:46 PMGame hasn't even started and Paul is already talking about free throws. The groundwork for blaming the refs is already being laid.

Please point out the relevance of that stat to this neutral site game. Obviously the refs aren't rigging games by purposely favoring one side over the other. If you think that's happening which is what that tweet seems to suggest what happened today should put any argument in favor of that position to rest permanently. You think the MVC wanted Drake over UNI which killed any chance at the league getting multiple bids and its best chance at getting multiple credits even from a single bid? Is it so inconceivable to think that maybe our roster is a little prone to fouling? After all everyone calls out Mileek for just that. Is it possible he isn't the only one? Doing this before a game just comes off as whiny and searching for an excuse so we have something to gripe about in case we lose. It's not a good look and we are or at least we should be better than this.

may know

VUGrad are you in STL? We have our little section club level 117 but many 104 by the bench too.

This is the greatest tournament I've been to and I couldn't imagine ever skipping it again.

VUGrad1314

No I'm home in NWI right now trying to get WVUR to work. For some reason the stream isn't up on my computer.

vok22

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 05:52:09 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 05:39:46 PMGame hasn't even started and Paul is already talking about free throws. The groundwork for blaming the refs is already being laid.

Please point out the relevance of that stat to this neutral site game. Obviously the refs aren't rigging games by purposely favoring one side over the other. If you think that's happening which is what that tweet seems to suggest what happened today should put any argument in favor of that position to rest permanently. You think the MVC wanted Drake over UNI which killed any chance at the league getting multiple bids and its best chance at getting multiple credits even from a single bid? Is it so inconceivable to think that maybe our roster is a little prone to fouling? After all everyone calls out Mileek for just that. Is it possible he isn't the only one? Doing this before a game just comes off as whiny and searching for an excuse so we have something to gripe about in case we lose. It's not a good look and we are or at least we should be better than this.

His tweet had nothing to do with drake or UNI or anything besides the fact that they have outshot us by 40 free throws. Also doesn't say that is goiing to happen tonight. Just shows that in the previous two matchups the game has been decided by 5 points total and the free throws made up 40 of those. No matter how prone a team is to fouling that is an unrealistic statistic.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: vok22 on March 06, 2020, 06:14:37 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 05:52:09 PM
His tweet had nothing to do with drake or UNI or anything besides the fact that they have outshot us by 40 free throws. Also doesn't say that is goiing to happen tonight. Just shows that in the previous two matchups the game has been decided by 5 points total and the free throws made up 40 of those. No matter how prone a team is to fouling that is an unrealistic statistic.

And yet if we had executed down the stretch it would have been rightly viewed by everyone as completely irrelevant which it is. Play better and don't let yourself be in a situation where a late foul call or free throws decide the game and the active whistles of the refs can't hurt you. It's that simple.

VUGrad1314

Anybody else having a problem getting the radio feed to play on their computer? I would very much like to hear this game.

hckjag

Haven't had any issues on tunein app on my iPad. Maybe try your cell phone on WiFi and then if still issues try on cellular data?

VUGrad1314

Had to go the conventional route and get an actual radio but I've got it now! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

jsher3141

I don't know how anyone can argue with the foul discrepency. Maybe Loyola just sells it well to the refs? Maybe it's Porter?

Loyola is right on top of our guys hands all over JFL and nothing gets called. He's being held, and out of a lack of options, hooks around the defender and gets called for an offensive foul. Call Williamson for being all over him in The first place.

This isn't just against us. Loyola gets these foul differentials in every game they play.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

truth219

This one's about to get away from us.....we need a hero....queue up the footloose soundtrack

nkvu

Going through our usual stink it up period. Hope it ends before half (it didn't). JFL doesn't look like he has any energy. Maybe being constantly held, slapped and grabbed without getting a call has something to do with it.

VUSL98

There's no one under the offensive glass.  Can't do that when you're missing shots.  I guess we'll have to have our usual second half comeback.

PlumStreetBum

Man I hate losing to Loyola. Something about them just grates on me. I miss their days as a doormat in the Horizon.

Really hope we have another big comeback in us.

truth219

Face the music we're down by 14...we suck. I don't want to be some super fan.....oh let's do out normal come from 200 down come back....we have a long way to go to be good again

Pgmado

Pointed out that Loyola is good at drawing contact and getting to the line. Ramblers have shot 214 more free throws than opponents this year. Simple fact. No groundwork at all.

VUGrad1314

It's the refs fault we can't score.

It's the refs fault we can't rebound.

It's the refs fault we completely fell apart without Kiser.

It's the refs fault Kiser is our only player with a positive +\-

It's the refs fault we've decided we don't feel like defending Clemons.

Darn refs. If they weren't there we'd be unstoppable.

My only criticism of Todd is that he constantly whines about the refs calls. We need to point the mirror inward. It starts with us. It starts with the program. WE have to get better. WE have to execute. WE have to be more consistent on offense and defense. WE have to avoid digging holes. WE have to win games. Then the refs won't be such an issue at all.

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: truth219 on March 06, 2020, 07:00:04 PMFace the music we're down by 14...we suck. I don't want to be some super fan.....oh let's do out normal come from 200 down come back....we have a long way to go to be good again

Dude, I'm as hard on this team (and coach) as anyone and I think you're nuts. Barring a comeback, this team finishes 17-16, 10-10 against Valley opponents, with a NET in the top 140 or so. Average? Maybe, yeah. Sucks? Lol not even close

a3uge

Quote from: nkvu on March 06, 2020, 06:47:13 PM
Going through our usual stink it up period. Hope it ends before half (it didn't). JFL doesn't look like he has any energy. Maybe being constantly held, slapped and grabbed without getting a call has something to do with it.
And the mono...

truth219

Your standards are lower than mine...i like winning

VUGrad1314

Why was Drake able to play like world beaters in the same situation as us while we have been utterly terrible?

nkvu

Quote from: a3uge on March 06, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
Quote from: nkvu on March 06, 2020, 06:47:13 PM
And the mono...

Well, there is that.