• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MBB 2020-2021

Started by VU2014, August 02, 2020, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanityLost17

Friday's game says it is going to be on ESPN+, but is this going to be one of those situations it is blacked out in Indiana?   

I have not had cable for 4 years.  Waste of money.   I get ESPN+ during basketball season but more and more games are either on ESPN3 or on some obscure network, both of which you need some sort of $50-$100 per month subscription through Sling, Comcast, HuluTV etc. in order to use.

Let me know if anybody has any info on this.

bbtds

Quote from: valpopal on March 02, 2021, 10:25:44 AMFinal score was a respectable 75-67.

Just counting the score in my head that was filmed it was ISU 48, VU 34. Valpo shot 4 FTs on film and the underhanded player made his 2 & the overhanded FT shooter missed both. In general they were terrible shooters in my view. One thing I observed is I thought the refs let this game get out of hand at times. Several times players were simply knocked over on their butt and no foul was called. At one point a Valpo player totally knocked his ISU African American opponent face first to the floor with no call. The Valpo player picked up the ISU black player while the game continued. Maybe fans were just more polite in those days.

Brandon

Quote from: SanityLost17 on March 04, 2021, 08:34:03 AMFriday's game says it is going to be on ESPN+, but is this going to be one of those situations it is blacked out in Indiana? I have not had cable for 4 years.  Waste of money.   I get ESPN+ during basketball season but more and more games are either on ESPN3 or on some obscure network, both of which you need some sort of $50-$100 per month subscription through Sling, Comcast, HuluTV etc. in order to use. Let me know if anybody has any info on this.

Yes, the ESPN+ broadcast is out of market only. The game is on NBC Sports Chicago+ in the Chicago TV market. Also on FOX Sports Indiana/Midwest/KC and blacked out in those areas.

SanityLost17

Quote from: Brandon on March 04, 2021, 09:09:15 AM
Quote from: SanityLost17 on March 04, 2021, 08:34:03 AMFriday's game says it is going to be on ESPN+, but is this going to be one of those situations it is blacked out in Indiana? I have not had cable for 4 years.  Waste of money.   I get ESPN+ during basketball season but more and more games are either on ESPN3 or on some obscure network, both of which you need some sort of $50-$100 per month subscription through Sling, Comcast, HuluTV etc. in order to use. Let me know if anybody has any info on this.

Yes, the ESPN+ broadcast is out of market only. The game is on NBC Sports Chicago+ in the Chicago TV market. Also on FOX Sports Indiana/Midwest/KC and blacked out in those areas.

Stupid.   

M

I like the answer that the success of this years team will be partially determined by if they stay together.  I'm kind've tired of being a "young" team every single year.  Recruiting good talent is only part of the equation of success...recruiting that talent to stay once it's here might be harder than I had thought it should be.

vu72

Quote from: M on March 04, 2021, 09:27:35 AM
I like the answer that the success of this years team will be partially determined by if they stay together.  I'm kind've tired of being a "young" team every single year.  Recruiting good talent is only part of the equation of success...recruiting that talent to stay once it's here might be harder than I had thought it should be.

We technically were not a YOUNG team.  We had Eron, Nick and Zion all 5th Year seniors.  Mileek is also a senior.  What we have is a team where the production is produced by young players!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

To start the season and on paper, yes.  However, Nick played 8 games, Zion didn't really play until the last 14-15 games, and Mileek has been hampered by injury all season. 
"Don't mess with Texas"