• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Toledo 11/9 @ 6pm ARC

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 08, 2021, 08:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

Valpo by 7. Our team has experienced players and they step up tonight.

They have had a long time to think about and be embarrassed by the D2 loses and they come out aggressive. 

I still have faith.

vok22

Ben Krikke out tonight, per Paul Oren's twitter. Find a way, I guess.

VALPO LI

Time to get get fired up Beacons!!! :thewave:
Tip off is 1 hour away! The start of an exciting season.  Waited way to long for this!
It's game time.  Do me proud Valpo!!!!!!
Shine on Vu

VUSWIM08-12

NativeCheesehead

I have never seen a press break on any level, from middle school on up, that doesn't involve setting at least one screen.  Truly ground breaking coaching.

tjjvalpo

VUSWIM08-12

Nice 6-0 run to bring it within 4, this team just isn't connected but what can you expect , we'll be alright this season . Kithier playing very well , Anderson crashing the glass, if Edwards gets going...

Just Sayin

vok22

Emil's defense is killing us inside. He doesn't need to foul he just needs to stand there with his hands straight up. And every time we get a stop we miss the shot. We have been playing with the pressure on us all game cause we cant get a stop and follow it with a score to take the lead. You can see so much potential out there but it is just so sloppy and the shot makers aren't making shots.

Just Sayin

Turnovers after deadballs. Coaching matters.

vok22

They have been pressing since 2 minutes into the game and we STILL haven't figured it out. Still having trouble inbounding the ball when we've seen it on every single possession this game. Awful coaching.

VUSWIM08-12

Todd getting a little excited called Toledo, Loyola  lol! Tie game , free throw coming , we're in this boys let's go !!

Just Sayin

Last call reviewed was equity over reality.

Just Sayin

Who are the three Mr. Basketballs for Valpo?

VUSWIM08-12

Either way garbage the 4 last minutes, Lottich did you know you're the head coach ? Call something that makes sense with our O. Stanford degree, community college execution

nkvu

Had some moments but bad shooting, no scoring down the stretch, and lack of poise in the clutch killed us. Don't know who our clutch player will be as no one stepped up tonight. Weren't prepared to handle their press. Disappointed as they were in it. Just didn't perform at the end.

VUSWIM08-12

We competed with a top mid major without Krikke n King plus Edwards shot like dog poo. I'm cautiously optimistic about this team . We lose to UIC, I'll crawl into a hole lol.

Just Sayin

Add King and Krikke to the mix on a consistent basis and the team should be pretty good. If only the coach was good enough to coach this team.

vok22

Quote from: Just Sayin on November 09, 2021, 08:20:16 PM
Add King and Krikke to the mix on a consistent basis and the team should be pretty good. If only the coach was good enough to coach this team.

That is what I am saying. You can see there is so much potential with this team but the coaching reminds me so much of the Bears. You see the same issues every time out but they never get fixed. I think we will have a solid season but I truly think our potential is limited by the inability to adapt in game.

justducky

Had to miss the second half but the first 20 minutes started getting me excited!

Quote from: vok22 on November 09, 2021, 07:16:11 PMEmil's defense is killing us inside. He doesn't need to foul he just needs to stand there with his hands straight up.

Is Emil ahead of Hedstrom in the pecking order? How close to 100% are each of these guys? Any word on Krikke?

ColdFusion21

I was going to ask a similar question.  Why aren't Hedstrom and Kobe King in the lineup.  I was expecting this whole Wisconsin south concept.  Where are they?

Its a bit frustrating as a casual observer to not get A) press release stating who is out of the lineup and why, B) a post on this forum explaining why various players are out.  I feel like an outsider reading this forum most times, like I'm missing some insider thread that I'm an idiot for not knowing about.

AB

This was a winnable game, Both teams fairly equal. Valpo still feeling each other out on offense and will take some time. Clear our turnovers will be down this year. Krikke and Kither will make for nice chemistry and open things for our shooters.

Valpo Joe

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on November 09, 2021, 07:50:56 PM
Horrible

Just the beginning of an awful season. Seems like most players don't know what to do with the ball. Pass it across court and see if the defense will catch it. :crazy:

tjjvalpo

If we don't figure out how to play with a sense of calm on offense and much higher intensity on defense down the stretch, this will be a long season. There will be a lot of games like this and we have played poorly in the last two games after the final media timeout. Matt said he expects 18 conference games all decided by 5 points or less. We are going the wrong side of too many games if we don't change.