• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ESPN Rivalry Week 2013

Started by govalpogo, August 23, 2012, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

govalpogo

It seems that our new HL rival has been determined for us by ESPN.  I can't really disagree that there is animosity between Valpo and Detroit...but it just doesn't sound as good to me as Valpo vs Butler  :-\.  I guess Valpo vs Detroit has a nice "opposites styles" kind of theme to it with Chemistry vs pure skill and mild-mannered vs egocentric match ups. 

http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/news/2012-13/11919/valpo-to-host-detroit-on-espn2-as-part-of-2013-horizon-league-schedule/

I still would like to see Milwaukee become a heated rivalry.  Who do you think our new HL rival should be?

LaPorteAveApostle

Probably Oakland has just as good, if not better claim on us as UDM, if/when they join...

...but then I'm sure ESPN will make OU and UDM rivals! yeesh.

It's like everyone else has a built-in partner--UWM has UWGB, UIC has Loyola, etc. etc.   Maybe one of the new guys.

Otherwise, we're "like David Spade without Chris Farley...alone and useless." --Homer Simpson ;)

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

covufan

I would like to see a competitive rivalry with all of the HL teams.  Detroit is our rival for ESPN purposes due to each teams accomplishments last year.  To pick one I'd say Loyola, mainly due to proximity.